Chapter 2

“What do you mean how badly injured? What you think?! Get your ass here, or you’ll regret ever be a father!” Beam raised his head up, looking at the man,  Ming, screaming over the phone. They were seated in front of the ER.

Everything happened so fast in Beam’s mind. He ran out the car even before it stopped, holding the kid to his chest and yelling for a doctor to examine the boy. One doctor ran to him quickly, took the boy from him and forbid him to come once he was inside the ER. Beam never felt so empty since 15 years ago. He looked at the blood on his hand, remembering the day he found himself bleeding before slumped down on the chair. And now, Ming’s voice pulled him to the present.

“ugh that asshole, if he isn’t my phi chay, I’ll kill him.” Ming kicked the chair beside him, startling the man who looked back blankly.

“brother? I thought you work for him." Beam looked at the guy beside him, wondering how Bas's father must look like.

"I'm both actually. I work with my step brother. Bas is my nephew, if only his father was not so stupid to not admit him." Ming answered him and confusion must be written on Beam's face that make the taller continues.. 

"you see, Bas was conceive by a woman that betrayed my brother, so he always have doubted Bas as his. Though it was clear that the boy is his, he still couldn't forgive his late wife for run away from him."

"so Bas have a mother then?"

"he had a mother. She died in accident when ran away with her secret lover."

Beam about to ask another question when the door opened and tall guy in doctor uniform approach them.

"who is the kid's father? We need to put in temporary pen in his broken leg and we need his permission." the doctor looked at two dumbfounded guys.

"but, Dr.  Phana, we..." Ming read the tag on the white uniform.

"where's Bas?" another deep voice was heard and made the three of them to look at the new comer.

"who are you?"  asked Dr.  Phana,  but Beam couldn't stop staring at the man. His face doens't look like Bas at all. No wonder the man doubt it, he wonders.

"Forth Jaturapom, Bas's father." the man said in monotone which made Beam wish he could slap him to see that his son in dangerous and stop being so ignorant.

"good to see you Mr Jaturapom, walk with me, I need your approval before put the pen in." both of then walked to the corner table and Beam only saw the big guy sign something. He felt hopeless, if anything happen to Bas, he didn't know how he could continue his life and how many therapy session with Kit he will need to get himself back again.

***

"I don't know Kit, he just finished the operation, doctor said, nothing wrong in his head, and he just need to get his broken leg settled." Beam said to his phone. He finally answered Kit's call since the morning.

"that's a relieve, now, don't you start blaming yourself Beam, the boy is alright, and it's all an accident, the rider had left her name card with me, wanting to be updated, so calm down and to back home." Kit said carefully, he had guess what was in Beam's mind.

"I will, maybe after Bas's awake." Beam promised his best friend.

He hung up the phone after he sure Kit had all what he need to say. For sometimes he felt a slight of relieve after talking with the man. He put his phone back to his back pocket but he was surprised to see Bas's father right in front of him.

"I believe we  formally introduced, I'm Forth Jaturapom." the man extend his hand which Beam took hesitantly while mumbling his own name.

"thank you for your help teacher, and for taking care of Nong Bas." the tone was flat and out of feeling. Beam tried his best to hold himself from slapping the man. If only he knew how Bas in his days he must had love the little boy. But he knew it was a clue for him to leave. The boy's father seemed don't want him to stay. Beam just nodded his head, turned to the door when the doctor hurriedly went out.