ONE

At the end of the school day Ritsu's chirpy voice rang through the room. "Pardon my interrupting Koro Sensei Sir, but I have just had an important data transfer!" At the back of the classroom Karma Akabane panicked internally. oh god - don't let this run too far overtime! He thought. At the front, Nagisa Shiota was also slightly pissed at the delay. I need to get to Professor Bitch ASAP! He mentally ranted.

"Interesting. What is it Ritsu?" the yellow superbeing asked curiously. "There is intel that we can cure your whole 'having to explode' business." Ritsu replied excitedly. At this, everyone in the classroom perked up and turned their heads to look at the Autonomous Intelligence Fixed Artillery unit - even the slackers like Terasaka. Ritsu saw that everyone's attention was on her and continued. "Alas, we don't know who has it or where, but I'll keep looking for online sources!" she assured her classmates.

Koro Sensei's smile widened at this. (if possible, because the octopus is practically always smiling) He did find it interesting, but was still skeptical.

"Very good Ritsu!"he congratulated the student. "Class is dismissed for today." The teacher announced, before he promptly flew out of the window at mock 20, leaving his students at the school.

Karma checked his watch and almost lost his cool. It's 4:25. School normally lets out at 4. Normally I have to do a 45 minute walk in 30 minutes. Ten minutes walking with my friends, twenty sprinting like a maniac to make up for lost time. Today though, I have 5 minutes to cover 45 minutes of ground. Basically, I'm fucked.

Flustered and worried, (far from his normal crazy, strong, psychotic self) Karma bolted as soon as the classroom door opened.

Nagisa also departed quickly when he left the classroom, but instead of leaving the campus on the mountains, he drew out and anti-sensei knife and hid it behind his back before he made his way to the teacher's lounge. He quietly pushed open the door, even holding his breath. Stood by the window with her back to the blue haired student, Professor Bitch was unaware of his entry.

Nagisa crept up on her, silent but deadly. He reached up, and slammed the knife into her back. The blonde assassin that posed as a teacher at school squealed in shock before regaining her composure.

"Very good Shiota. You'll be an amazing assassin." Professor Bitch smiled at the boy. He nodded, and smiled also. "So I passed?" Nagisa asked hopefully. Irina nodded and Nagisa was pleased. "Just work on your skillset and marksmanship as well. Then you'll be a true assassin, inside and out. You have the instincts of a killer." she finished. Nagisa agreed, and casually started to make his way home.

On the other hand, Karma sprinted down the streets. It was 4:35, he was late and still had 20 minutes left to run. He couldn't bear the thought of being late - little did his friends and teacher know, any form of disrespect or disobedience came with disastrous results in the Akabane household.

At 4:55 Karma reached his house. He walked up to the back door which would lead into the kitchen. With any luck his Father would be in the living room, so Karma could have snuck away to his room.

This 'luck' was shattered when Karma pushed open the door, and the first thing he saw was his father. Pissed - both meanings of the word. Drunk and angry. His father leant against the kitchen counter, four empty beer bottles were visible next to him.

Karma's blood ran cold. Doesn't sound like the cocky redhead we know and love, does it?

"Where have you been." Karma's Father growled quietly. It wasn't so much a question as it was a threat...