SIX

It was the next day. Karma had been killing around the house and away from his father for all of the time so far.

But now Hiromoto had just left, and Karma had decided to go snooping again.

"Ah-ha!" Karma muttered to himself in victory. (This door should take me to wherever Kayano is.) he thought jubilantly.

Without hesitation, he pushed it open. "Kayano?" He whispered, looking around the corridor.

"Over here!" Her sweet voice chimes. Karma noticed that her tone was laced with fear.

Karma ran up the corridor, to a cell with iron bars. Indeed, Kayano was stood up in there.

"What're you doing here?!" Karma asked incredulously. "I don't have much time to explain," Kayano pulled karma towards the cell, hiding him in the shadows as a guard walked past.

"but you have to get out of here and warn Koro-Sensei." The girl finished. Karma frowned. "Shouldn't I take you with me?" He questioned in confusion. "No karma. Any second now, another guard will come by. You need to leave." Kayano instructed.

Karma sighed. "Okay. But I'll come back for you."

The green-haired girl nodded in agreement. "Now go." She whispered, and just like a click of your fingers, Karma was gone.

•••

Today, Karma's suspension was up. He ran into his usual alleyway that we took on the way to the mountains. Nobody bothered him there, and if they did then he would simply have a little bit of fun with them.

But today, something was up. Karma could sense it. Someone else-someone dangerous was in this alley.

(Oh wait, it's just Shiota.) he chuckled to himself, before remembering the task at hand.

"Hey Nagisa..." he trailed off as an image of a snake ready to pounce on its prey flashed in his head.

"Hello, Karma." Nagisa replied with an air of hostility, still leaning against the wall.

"I found Kayano—" Karma started, but the blue-haired boy interrupted him. "Oh how great. I found a new job." Karma raised his eyebrows as Nagisa fingered a pistol-with live ammo-in his pocket.

"Assassination." Nagisa growled, whipping the weapon out, and before Karma could even register what was happening, pulling the trigger.

For Karma, everything went black.