Episode 4 Malicious attention (English version)

Hermitage

Yumi, Ulrich, William and Odd had followed Jeremy and Aelita to the Hermitage. Jeremy had taken them downstairs, into the basement.

Odd, looked everywhere around him:

Odd : There's nothing here! Need I remind you that we've already seen this basement, that time Yumi and Ulrich were almost boiled alive.

He stretched his thumb in their direction. Ulrich and Yumi began to blush.

With a provocative smile, Jeremy, hands in his pockets, turned the end of the carpet with his foot.

Jeremy : And what about the basement of the basement?

All of them, except Aelita and him, were gaping.

Yumi : Wait, this thing was here all this time, right before our eyes?

Aelita : Not even the men in black could find it.

She bent down and opened the trap door.

Aelita : Well, who's first ?

None of them could believe it. The room in which they were standing was intact. A multitude of files were stored on top of each other, leaflets or plans were scattered over a dusty table. All the furniture was untouched. No one had come here for years.

William addressed Jeremy and Aelita :

William : And you have not touched anything since you came ?

Aelita smiled in the direction of Jeremy :

Aelita : Well, almost nothing, no .. Jeremy could not help but take some documents with him.

Jeremy : Which ended up being of little importance: mere calculations lines, found nothing usable.

Yumi, passing her hand on the desk : It's incredible, all this time, all that was ...

Her eyes stopped suddenly on one of the boxes arranged on the desk.

Jeremy came close to her:

Jeremy : Yumi? Did you find something ?

Yumi handed him a small cylindrical container. "These are Pill bottles."

Jeremy : These are strong anxiolytics.

Ulrich : So what ? What is so special about them ?

Aelita also took a bottle.

Aelita : It's in the name. These are Xanax.

It was surrounded in red on all the boxes.

Jeremy : This is a very strong medication of the benzodiazepine family. Taken over a long term, it can trigger partial amnesia, or even behavioral disorders. And, judging by the number of bottles here, Anthéa used to take it quite frequently ..

Aelita collapsed :

Aelita : But why would my mother take these pills ?

Jeremy : Maybe by fear of what was looking for you. Maybe she knew, and considering what this space contains, I think she knew more than that.

Jeremy was referring to the men in black, and Aelita understood this. With a gesture of compassion, Yumi put her hand on her shoulder.

Yumi : We have the opportunity to learn more about her. Maybe we'll find her too..