Too Late

Disclaimer: I own nothing except the story idea. Hasbro or the Hub or whoever owns Transformers. WARNING: Contains *tastefully done* instances of Violence/Rape

As usual, Miko was bored at school. Staring at the clock, willing and encouraging the hands to go faster and end the dreary school day, she sighed. Her last period class was History, one of the few intergrade classes. Thankfully, Jack had the same class too, which made it slightly more bearable. Unfortunately so did Vince, who liked to give Miko a hard time just for her association with Jack and would frequently throw spit balls at the back of her head just to irritate her. Her host parents were always telling her that boys did things like that when they had feelings for a girl. Miko could care less about whatever feelings Vince had for her. She was plain and simple NOT interested. She had Bulkhead, and of course, 'bots were way cooler than boys.

Just before the bell rang, Mrs. C, her History teacher started droning on about a group project she wanted done over the weekend that would be due Monday. Miko hoped she'd have a good partner, namely someone who wouldn't mind doing all the work so she could go to the Slash Monkey concert with Bulkhead she'd been excited about for eons. No one was going to ruin her weekend plans! She listened halfheartedly as the teacher called out the pairs of students who would be working together. "Please be Jack, please be Jack, please be Jack..." mumbled Miko to herself. Jack would be easy to charm into doing all the work for her, just for the sake of not hearing her whine. Finally her name was called, followed by Vince's. Scrap! Not him of all people. Now she'd HAVE to do work! So much for a lazy afternoon with the 'bots.

Moments later the bell rang and Vince appeared at her desk before she could blink.

"So, looks like we'll be working together. Huh?" He swooned "Guess so...Vince..." snarked the annoyed teen at her suitor, who ran out without another thought. She caught sight of Jack, leaving with his partner who gave her an apologetic smile. For once in her life Miko didn't have detention, which made her slightly less annoyed. Seating herself at the front of the school, she idly waited for Bulkhead. Bulk had said he might be late, He and Optimus were scouting an Energon mine and if the Decepticons got wind they might take a while. Hoping to steal a ride back to base with Raf or Jack, Miko looked around, but they were no where to be found.

Just then, a hand fell on her." Hey, pretty lady." cooed Vince.

"Hey, Vince...." she replied curtly. Slapping his hand off her shoulder roughly, Miko turned to Vince. "Thought maybe we should go to the Library and work on that project." replied Vince. "The sooner the project was done the better my chance of making the Slash Monkey concert", thought Miko."Sure thing.." Miko shrugged indifferently, hopping off the wall and following Vince toward his car.

***

"Hey you passed the library, Vince!" exclaimed Miko as she saw the grand building go by. Vince had offered a ride to take Miko to the library, and Miko had stupidly obliged. Miko started to feel uneasy, cursing herself in her head.

"Thought we'd study at my place. 'Nets the same everywhere anyway." He reached down into the console, grabbing a cigarette from the pack stored there and the lighter beside it, Pressing the stick to his lips, Vince lit it in one quick motion.

"Gross!" yelled Miko, rolling down her window and sticking her head partially out. "Kill your own lungs, but leave mine OUTTA it!" She was regretting this whole thing already. Before she knew it they had pulled up into the driveway of a ranch style, single story home. Vince parked the car and grabbed for his backpack heading for the front door without a second thought to Miko. "Wait UP, Vince!" she yelled. Heaving her backpack over her shoulder and slamming the car door, she trudged behind him into the house and into his room.