His Girl

Disclaimer: I own nothing except the story idea. Hasbro or the Hub or whoever owns Transformers.

Bulkhead lay restlessly on his berth. It had been a week since Miko's assault and he hadn't been recharging well of late. She never seemed to want to go home, much to the 'bot's confusion; frequently spending every last second at base with he and the rest of the Autobots until she had no choice but to go home in the dark of night. Bulk still worried about his charge, though she reassured him she was fine. The late nights and lack of proper recharge were starting to get to the hulking giant, but it was worth it for his girl. 

As worn as he was, Bulkhead couldn't quite get himself into a complete shutdown. He still harbored guilty feelings about not getting to Miko in time, despite her continuous protesting, as well as that of his fellow Autobots, that he wasn't to blame for what had occurred. He lay somewhere between wakefulness and slumber when he heard a piercing scream come through the comm., and he jolted awake instantly. He knew that scream anywhere. He would never forget it. Miko! He maneuvered quickly from the berth transforming into his vehicle mode as he sped out of the base.

***

Bulkhead made his way swiftly down Miko's street. Frankly with the speeds he was going he was shocked the JPD hadn't tried to pull him over. Not that they could have ever caught him. He came to a screeching halt in front of Miko's house, sensors scanning for her. Thankfully her room was at the front of the house making her easy to spot. He drove up to the window peering in until he saw her asleep in her bed. The sight only confused the 'bot more until he watched her closely. Miko began thrashing around, that scream reverberated again, not through the comm. this time, but through the windows. The sound broke Bulkhead's spark, and before he knew what he was doing his large servo crashed through the window scooping the small girl from her bed and snuggling her against his chestplates.

She thrashed against him in her sleep. "No... No, Vince," she whimpered trying desperately to fight off her invisible assailant.

The big green 'bot rubbed her back softly. "Shhhh... wake up, Miko. It's ok, you're ok. I'm here" He nudged her softly with his thumb as she continued twisting and turning and whimpering in the bot's large servo. 

She curled into herself "No Vince, noooo... ...Bulkhead" The last word was a barely audible whisper, tearing into his spark.

The giant green 'bot continued stroking her back with his thumb, slightly harder this time. "Miko, wake up. I'm here Miko. I'm right here."

Slowly she began to break free from the nightmare, rich hazel eyes blinking open cautiously. "Wha...?" Her expression still full of terror as she shot up in his servo trying to grasp her surroundings , shocked to see her guardian. 

"Bulk? What...are you...doing?" She stammered, her breath still ragged from the nightmare.

"You were having a nightmare, Miko." He exclaimed, "You were screaming...in the comm." The large Autobot shuddered, recalling the sound. She looked into her lap slowly, as the memory of the nightmare came flooding back causing her to shiver and tears to creep silently down her face. "I'm here, Miko. You're safe" He cooed softly, still rubbing her back as he held her close to his Spark. 

"I'm sorry , Bulk.." she finally managed to choke out.
"What in the Allspark are you apologizing for? You're my girl. You've been through a rough patch, I'm here for you, Miko." He lifted her up to his shoulder and she snuggled against the warmth of his neck cables. His digits caressed her back softly. "I'm so proud of you! Your first nightmare all week..." Bulkhead felt her shift atop him uncomfortably.