O N E

one | skylar nicole

"Si mamá. Llegué a salvo, no te preocupes." A girl said into her phone as she walked into Hayley's Cyberspace. Pausing, she listened to the person on the other side of the phone call, nodding slightly. "Ya terminé de desempacar. Sí, amo la casa. Gracias." The girl continued one, flipping her brown hair behind her shoulder. Sighing, she walked towards a seat by the bar - sitting down as she continued talking on the phone. 

"Mira, mamá. Tengo que irme ahora. No te preocupes, te llamaré a tiempo." She waited a few seconds before continuing, "Yo también te amo." Pulling the phone away from her ear, the girl ended the call and placed her phone on the counter - screen down. Looking around the building she walked into, the girl couldn't help the smile coming onto her face. "Hi, I don't think I've seen you here before. Are you new?" A voice asked, gaining her attention.

She turned around, only to be face to face with a red-haired girl who looked at her with a smile. The girl nodded in reply before responding, "Yes I am. My name is Skylar Nicole." Hayley smiled as she also introduced herself. "Can I get you anything?" Hayley asked, keeping her smile. Skylar nodded, looking down at the menu on the counter before ordering a small blueberry smoothie. Hayley nodded and begun making the smoothie. 

The two begun a small conversation as Hayley continued making the smoothie, only stopping when three people walked into the building and towards the two. "Hey, Hayley!" A boy called, gaining the attention of the two girls who turned to look at him. Hayley smiled at the three as Skylar turned back towards her smoothie, a small blush of embarrassment on her face. "Hey, guys!" Hayley gestured the three closer to her. 

"This is Skylar Nicole. She is new to Reefside and will be attending Reefside High School with you three. Skylar, these are some regulars. Conner McKnight, Kira Ford, and Ethan James." Hayley introduced the teenagers. Skylar smiled at the three and sent a small wave to them. Kira grinned as she took a seat beside the brunette, sparking up a conversation. 

"I like your outfit." Kira smiled, looking at Skylar's outfit which included a cropped light pink sweater with high waisted black jeans and black Converse.

" Kira smiled, looking at Skylar's outfit which included a cropped light pink sweater with high waisted black jeans and black Converse

Skylar smiled at the blonde, thanking her. Soon enough, the boys jumped in on the conversation, causing Hayley to smile at the four. Mid-way through their conversation, a beeping noise was heard from Kira, Conner, and Ethan. The three exchanged worried glances before looking towards Skylar who was looking around confused. "Did you hear that?" Skylar asked, still searching for the source of the sound.

Kira smiled nervously as she shook her head. "No, I don't think so." Ethan lied, shaking his head as he did so. Skylar nodded, a little unsure but decided not to question it. "Hey! I just remembered, Kira and Ethan were supposed to help me with a - um -project!" Conner exclaimed, nodding to himself at his lie. Kira and Ethan nodded immediately as the three begun to stand up. 

"We'll see you at school tomorrow!" Kira said before the three turned and dashed out of Hayley's Cyberspace. "Okay?" Skylar muttered to herself in confusion, shrugging as she turned back to finish her smoothie.

"Are you sure this is where Dr. Oliver said the signals were coming from?" Kira asked as she walked through the forest with Connor and Ethan. Conner nodded, holding up the monitor he was given. "This is the place but I'm getting nothing." The Red Ranger sighed. Ethan nodded in agreement as he looked at his own monitor before replying, "Me either. It's like everything just disappeared." Kira sighed and stopped walking, causing the boys to also stop as they turned to look at her. "Maybe we should just pack up and head back to the lab. It's obvious that whatever was giving the signal isn't here anymore." Kira suggested. The two boys nodded in agreement before heading back to the lab, missing the glowing pink gem hidden between the bushes beside them.

 ♡  

It was later on in the day when Skylar found herself walking through the forest with her camera around her neck. "The scenery here is so beautiful." Skylar muttered to herself as she bent down in front of a Claytonia. Looking at the finalized photo, the brunette smiled to herself before standing back up and continuing to walk through the forest - stopping every once and awhile to take another photo. As she looked down at her gallery on her camera, Skylar didn't notice the root sticking out from the ground.

Her foot got caught on the root and she fell to the ground, groaning in pain. "I should've looked where I was going." the brunette groaned, rolling onto her back. As she looked at the bush beside her, something caught her eye. Upon further inspection, Skylar saw the glowing pink gem that was laying on the ground. "What is this?" Skylar asked quietly, picking up the gem and holding it up to the light. It seemed that the gem glowed brighter, and as it did so, Skylar felt a power seeping into her.

"What the?" Skylar gasped in shock, accidentally dropping the gem. The power she was feeling disappeared as she dropped the gem, causing her to look at the glowing gem in shock. Whatever it was, the brunette knew that it held great power, and for whatever reason - she also knew that this gem belonged to her. She just needed to find out why.

♡    

Si mamá. Llegué a salvo, no te preocupes. | Yes, mom. I arrived safely, do not worry.

Ya terminé de desempacar. Sí, amo la casa. Gracias. | I finished unpacking. Yes, I love the house. Thank you.

Mira, mamá. Tengo que irme ahora. No te preocupes, te llamaré a tiempo. | Look, Mom. I have to go now. Do not worry, I'll call you in time. 

Yo también te amo. | I love you too.