E I G H T

eight | golden boy

Skylar yawned as she walked to the door of Hayley's Cyberspace. It has been a few days since the Valentine's Day dance and a week since the phone call that she had gotten that night ago. To say she hasn't been sleeping well is an understatement. The lack of sleep was catching up to her, especially after major battles like the one she just had not to long ago.

The brunette opened the door and walked in the cafe, immediately being surrounded by laughter and people talking. She walked towards the bar and sat down, laying her head on the counter. "Hey, Skylar." Trent said as he walked past the girl, carrying a tray with smoothies on it. Skylar raised her arm and waved lazily before dropping it again.

"Are you okay?" Trent asked as he walked past again to grab another order. Skylar held up a thumbs up before dropping her arm once again. Trent was about to ask another question as he walked by again but Skylar grabbed his forearm and sat up, turning to look at him. "Are you okay? The cafe looks jam packed today." Skylar commented, looking around the cafe. 

"That's an understatement." Trent chuckled before being called over to a table. Skylar watched her friend walk away and sighed, standing from her seat. She moved to stand behind the counter and placed her cardigan on an empty stool.

The brunette put her hair up in a ponytail before grabbing one of the orders Trent left on the counter and beginning to make the drinks

The brunette put her hair up in a ponytail before grabbing one of the orders Trent left on the counter and beginning to make the drinks. She placed the smoothies on a tray and put them on a tray and on the counter with the tab for Trent. As he came back to the counter, Trent was shocked to see Skylar there working the bar and easily making the multiple orders he had left there.

"Skylar? What are you doing?" Trent asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. Skylar looked up from the blender and smiled at the boy. "Helping you before you overwork yourself." Skylar said before going back to making the smoothie. Trent smiled at her and nodded before grabbing the tray and taking it to the table. Together the two continued to handle the orders easily, Hayley checking on them every once and awhile.

Soon enough, two screams were heard in the cafe, causing Skylar to jump slightly. The brunette turned towards the source and saw Cassidy looking at her computer in fear. Skylar's eyes wandered towards the computers by the wall and landed on Ethan who was watching the scene with a small smirk as he laughed. Shaking her head, Skylar laughed at Ethan before continuing to manage the bar.

"Skylar. Do you mind if I make my smoothie here?" Devin asked from behind the girl. Skylar turned and nodded before going back to managing. Skylar turned to check up on Devin and her eyes widened as she saw that he was about to start the blender without a top. Grabbing the top, Skylar placed it on the blender seconds before Devin clicked the button.

"Sorry." Devin smiled sheepishly, chuckling. Skylar gave him a tight smile and nodded before going back to work.