N I N E

nine | karaoke

Skylar walked into the cafe with Conner, the two holding hands. After Conner admitting that he loved her those days ago, the two had a conversation about what they wanted and they both agreed to take their relationship slow. Conner opened the door for Skylar before they walked in, Skylar immediately pulling the sleeves of her sweater down as she felt the cold air hit her.

 Conner opened the door for Skylar before they walked in, Skylar immediately pulling the sleeves of her sweater down as she felt the cold air hit her

"Skylar, Conner!" Kira called for the two, gesturing the couple of towards where she stood. The two walked towards her and Skylar gave the blonde a questioning look as she noticed the large crowd surrounding the stage. "What's going on?" Conner voiced her thoughts. Kira glanced towards where the two were looking and chuckled slightly. "Oh, that. Hayley decided to host a karaoke party this weekend and whoever wanted to sign up to sing could. These are early sign ups." Kira explained, the two nodding.

"Are you going to sign up, Kira?" Skylar asked, glancing towards the blonde before back at the stage again. Kira nodded, smiling brightly at the thought. "Definitely." the blonde nodded, Skylar nodding back. Conner looked at the clock on the wall and groaned before glancing towards Skylar. "Hey, I have to head to practice. I'll see you later." Conner told her, Skylar nodding, before leaning down to place a small kiss on her lips.

Conner walked out of the cafe as Kira gave Skylar a smirk. "So." Kira said, gaining the brunette's attention as she looked towards her friend. "You and Conner, huh?" Skylar laughed slightly as she nodded, a blush rising up to her cheeks. The two made their way to a table and sat down. "Yeah, we talked about it and realized that we both felt the same to each other. So we decided to see where this relationship take us. See if it's meant to last or not." Skylar explained as Kira listened intently.

Kira smiled and nodded in agreement with their thinking. "That's a good idea. Let's just hope it lasts, you two make a good couple." Skylar smiled at her friend before thanking her. The two continued talking before it was time for Skylar to pack up and head to her house. "Are you coming by tonight, it's when I will be singing." Kira asked, walking with Skylar to the door. 

Skylar bit her lip in concentration as she thought to if she had anything planned tonight. "I don't know. I might have something to do. But if I don't, I promise I'll be here to support you." the brunette said, causing Kira to smile. The two said their goodbyes before going their separate ways.

"Wait, hold on for a minute. What exactly happened again?" Skylar asked as Kira ranted to the brunette as the two sat in Skylar's bedroom. Kira sighed before going to explain the situation again. "So at the first night, last night, of the karaoke party last night, there was a competition for the singing. It was me, some other people, and these two girls. They were horrible! Like cat nails on a chalkboard horrible." Skylar cringed. 

"So, when it was time to announce the winners, the man who was sponsoring this whole thing came out and declared them the winners. Only to find out that he was one of the girl's dad! It was rigged. So because I spoke up, I am suspended from singing at the event for this whole weekend. It isn't fair!" Kira exclaimed, sighing as she dramatically fell onto Skylar's bed. Skylar looked towards the blonde with a raised eyebrow.