Get the hell out

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" I saw Tish holding a bag of pills, Danny trying to get to Tish, Mason trying to keep them separated and a hole in the wall above Danny's couch. I marched into the room, picked up Danny and set him on the bed. "STAY HERE!" I grabbed Tish and mason and dragged them into the hallway. "okay what the hell is going on here?!" I whispered angrily. Tish showed me the bag of pills.

"he's been taking these.."

I grabbed them from her. "there's so many. Why are there so many??" I looked up at Tish and she looked down.

"there... We're more than that.." she stuttered.

"how do you know that?" mason and I asked simultaneously. He walked over to me and crossed his arms while staring at Tish.

"I.. Have been getting them for him.. There were 40 in there. But i-"

I cut her off. "40? But there's only 33" I counted again to make sure.

"he took another 2?!" Tish said.

"another 2?! He took 5?! When?! How long has he had this bag?!"

"today. A few hours. That's why he came over to my house"

"TISH! Did you even try to stop him?!"

"I couldn't. He walked out. I-"

Mason took the bag from me and looked at Tish. "what are these?

"th-theyre t-tolvon" she looked scared then ran downstairs to the door.

"mason check on Danny. I'll get Tish" I ran down the stairs and jumped between Tish and the door. "how much Tish? How much are each of these?"

"30mg. You're supposed to take no more than 60-90mg each day. But they're dangerous to take if you're under 18."

"so they're not safe for him AT ALL?!" Tish looked down and I moved to the side. "Tish... GET THE HELL OUT! I never want to see you again." She walked out and I slammed the door behind her.

"Justin get up here!"

I ran back upstairs and into Danny's room. "what's wrong?"

Mason took me into the hallway. "ask your dad if I can stay the Night. I want to keep an eye on Danny. Also, we need to keep giving him those pills."

"mason no! W-"

"we have to, Justin. He can't suddenly stop talking them"

I sighed. "okay. I'll hide them in my room. Thanks for helping out. I don't know why he's doing this. It's really not like him."

"I'll try to find out why. Just go relax for a bit. I'll take care of him"

mason hugged me and I forced a Smile "thanks" I walked into my room and hid the pills in my dresser then laid down on my bed and covered my face with my hands, groaning in anger and disbelief.

"j-justin"

I woke up to Danny standing in the doorway. I didn't even realize I'd fallen asleep. "yes?" i sat up sleepily.

"I.. I'm sorry" he started crying and I ran up to him to hug him. He hugged me tightly. "can I come in?"

I nodded and he sat on my bed. "stay there. I'll be right back" 

Danny nodded and curled up on the bed.

"hey, Mason, you know Danny is in my room, right?"

"yeah. You fell asleep for a few hours and I think the pills started wearing off because he suddenly got very emotional"

"I'm really worried about him."

"me too Justin. But he'll be alright. He's strong and smart"

I took a deep breath then sighed. "I'm going to have him come back in here with you, okay?"

"sounds good"

I walked back into my room and saw Danny sleeping in a ball on my bed. "hey, Danny" I whispered as I gently shook him.

"mmm yeah?"

"hey sleepy head. Let's get you back into your room okay?"

"but isn't mason in there?" he rubbed his eyes sleepily.

"yes. And he wants you back in there"

"okay"

I helped Danny back into his room and mason and I both tucked him into bed. Danny fell right back to sleep. So mason and I went into the kitchen to get some food.

"wow." I said. "this has been one long, stressful day"

Mason looked down at the counter and agreed.

"so" I said. "what do you want to eat?"
Mason looked like he was thinking really hard and I laughed. "how about we order a pizza"

Masons head shot up. "OOO YES" he smiled. "But remember, I'm a vegetarian"

"yeah yeah. I know." I laughed.