Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Former Authoress: Primsgirl89 (You can find her on FF.net too!)

Beater/Reviser & New Authoress: Kartara (You can find me on FF.net too.)

Quick note: I, Kartara, adopted this series form Primsgirl89 and began to write for it. Prim and I both agreed that it'd be best if I edited the past chapters (Chapters 1 – 6) in my own style and upload it as my own fan-fiction to avoid copyright. Credit for the original story plot and development should go to her for these lovely chapters!

Former Authoress' Notes: Hey everyone! Thanks for actually giving my story a Chance. I haven't any comments, but hopefully that will change soon. As I had all told you in the first chapter, I have read the ObiYuki stories and these have been my inspiration for writing this. I'm going to try my hardest to update everyday or close to. On to the story. If you have seen the episode with the bird test, this is what this chapter is about. It's basically all that, with a lot of my own twist. I know it's not going to be good, but give it a try. Please...

They—Obi and Shirayuki—were in Zen's office, waiting to hear about what duties he needed to do after sitting in on a meeting. Miss Kiki, a stoic blond knight who is somewhat motherly to the prince, and her partner, Mister Mitsuhide, a blue-haired man with hazel eyes unfortunately given the constant worrying father part in Zen's life, waited alongside them. He was the second advisor of Prince Zen, but he didn't give advice unless it's necessary. That way, when he speaks, Zen will actually listen to him and do as he asked.

I feel like those two are in some sort of secret relationship. No one would be surprised, everyone likes the thought of those two to be together.

A knock on the door announced that the meeting was about to commence. First, Ryuu, a kid he had been well acquainted with before, showed the two into the room. He spotted him and locked beside him longingly at the comfy couch he was sitting on. His eyes looked really tired, so emotionless, it was a bit unnerving. His clothes were slightly baggy, his usual messy brown hair even more messy. Must have been a long night without Shirayuki helping.

"These two got lost looking for you," His soft quiet voice spoke, darting a glance at them before returning his gaze to Prince Zen.

Obi stood up, making a once-sleeping Midnight hiss in annoyance before seeing Ryuu and moving over. He walked up to the twelve-year-old and picked him up. He let a soft squeak out in protest as he moved into a more comfortable position. Going back to the couch, he set Ryuu down gently after fetching him a pillow.

"Miss Kiki, would you be so kind as to let the medical wing know Ryuu is resting with Obi and I? Again." Shirayuki smiled sheepishly as she sat beside him, softly petting the kid's hair as he gently snored. Out of everyone in the castle, they were the only two able to get the poor kid to rest.

"Sure thing," Kiki says with a slight smirk. "You know, people think that you three are secretly a family." With that, she left and did what Shirayuki asked. Everyone snickered, even the new people standing by couldn't help but smile.

The girl awaiting an audience with Prince Zen was slightly taller than Shirayuki, about two or three inches. Her long dark hair almost fell to her hips and her bangs were pulled back with what looked like a pin that was decorated with half a butterfly on each side. Her eyes were an ocean blue, her pale skin, paler than the Second Prince's, matching them quite perfectly.

What are the odds that I now know two people with pale skin and ocean-blue eyes?

The other was a male who he had a bad feeling about. Once Zen permitted them to speak, he spoke of how a certain bird couldn't possibly become a state-protected bird because of how useless they were. The girl argued that the birds were so useful because they could find a certain stone below water from above. Their speed is faster than the fastest boat around.