Chapter 6

Former Authoress: Primsgirl89 (You can find her on FF.net too!)

Beater/Reviser & New Authoress: Kartara (You can find me on FF.net too.)

Quick note: I, Kartara, adopted this series form Primsgirl89 and began to write for it. Prim and I both agreed that it'd be best if I edited the past chapters (Chapters 1 – 6) in my own style and upload it as my own fan-fiction to avoid copyright. Credit for the original story plot and development should go to her for these lovely chapters!

Former Authoress' Notes: OMG I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating at all. I have had quite a few school projects due, that and my career choice needed a lot of research to come up with. I'm going to try to make this a good chapter.

Also I know my writing can be awkward, so bare with me. Also when Ryuu corrected himself by saying Obi then Shirayuki, Obi made it seem like he was the mother sense his name was the first to be said. Mother-Obi where first then Dad-Shirayuki. Get it?

I would appreciate some feedback on this.

There was a light shining through Obi's windows, making him blink his eyes open several times before sitting upright as he rubbed his eyes to wake up. The light gently lit up Shirayuki's and Ryuu's faces, both their hair given a soft golden glow. Ever since what had happened last night, he couldn't stop the feeling of wholeness. Why? Well, he found his first and only love. More than that, he learned that she and he shared the same feelings. She and he shared a few kisses in the forest, though mostly only hugs. Not only that, but that cute little boy that he had grown to care for greatly thought of the two as his parents, though he seemed to be embarrassed to call them that at first. These two seemed to be the reason to start a whole new him. I never want to go back to who I was before.

Being hired to kill and or capture didn't appeal to him at all. He wanted to protect those two people, the two people he cared for the most, though he did realize he would have to protect Zen as well. He was someone he did care a lot about, but he hurt those two people unknowingly with his actions a couple weeks ago.

He kissed her. He had shoved him. Obi found out both at very different times. Apparently, when Ryuu was walking back to him once they had arrived back at the castle after the bird mission, Zen had shoved him without quite realising it was him, unaware of his actions because of his worries for Shirayuki. Well, when he saw the cut on Ryuu's knee, he got angry, but didn't act impulsively. He waited a while, cooling down as he mentally forced himself to steady his breathing, before going to Zen and explaining to him what his actions did to both Ryuu and Shirayuki. He didn't seem happy with himself about how he had acted. He apologised to Ryuu in front of him, seeming sincere, though whenever he got near Shirayuki, she would brush him off by saying where he had to be and say that he was slacking. That would make him go and do what he was needed to.

She really does have him wrapped around her finger...

But Shirayuki has my reins, and I won't let her give them back to me. Ever.

A groan from the two announced that they were waking. First to move was Ryuu as he jumped and ran to him, causing Obi to pick him up and place him against his chest. His sky-blue eyes looked at him with happiness. True happiness. He smiled back and put him down. He ran over to Shirayuki and sat between her legs.

"Morning," He said once he was calmed. His voice was emotionless again, making Obi chuckle. He raised a thin eyebrow at him as did a now-stretching Shirayuki.

"Old you is back. I was enjoying the child you, he's cute." His face flared the same shade of red as Shirayuki's hair.

"I agree with Obi," Shirayuki said softly. She then hugged Ryuu and picked him up. "Obi, can you wash him up?"

He looked at her then smiled. He took him from her, bringing him to the bath. He cleaned him up as gentle, yet thoroughly, as he could. He seemed to like it. Now Ryuu wasn't a stranger to his room so he had his own little dresser drawer of clothes inside just in case he needed them. He always was seen asleep in his office, so Obi took him to his room night after night so he had a place to sleep comfortably. Not just that, but someone to watch over him to make sure he was taken care of.

"Here are some clothes," Shirayuki said as she handed a fresh pair of black pants and a green shirt over. He let Ryuu dress by himself and left to talk to Shirayuki. "I took a shower in the room next to the one we were in. Hope you don't mind that I stole some of your clothes." He looked her over as he smiled and shook his head. She was wearing his favourite black elbow length sleeved shirt and a pair of his mother's tan leggings that he had kept. After his parent's deaths, the Chief finally came to his senses about a month afterward and issued an order for all his parent's belongings to be thrown into a chest and sent to their last surviving family member, or in other words, to him. He hadn't the heart to throw any of it away, so he kept the chest carefully tucked away inside his closet beneath a conspicuous pile of clothes.

"The shirt I don't mind, but those are my mother's leggings." Looking down to the floor at the thought of his mother, he soon was overcome with the feeling of missing his mother and father. "Though, you look cute in them." I'm letting go of the past and letting them rest in peace. I will let Shirayuki wear my mother's leggings.

"I'm sorry I hadn't known. I'll take them off and wear my pants from yesterday." She acted like he said nothing of letting her wear them.

"No." She looked at him patiently. "Please wear them."

"Okay." Her voice was a soft whisper. At that moment, Ryuu came out, his eyes less emotionless. His eyes really were blue. Obi grabbed a small comb and worked out the knots, careful to keep his hair style the way he liked it. He was whining how he didn't want his hair fixed. "Then you can't go to work or to the forest, and you can't play with Midnight Star."

I'm glad I'm not him... that's a bad punishment. At least he can have snacks.

"Fine..."

Soon after they had all freshened up and ate breakfast, they all decided to be on a picnic blanket as they played a few games, currently laughing about the game they were doing. The game's objective was to make one person think of something, and then that person must act out what it was the best they could while the others tried to guess what it was. A bit like charades, but a whole lot funnier.

"CHICKEN!" Shirayuki called out her answer. Ryuu was doing this funny face that looked to be a weird little dance. Ryuu shook his head no as he moved his arms up and down faster.

"A bird flying!" He looks at Obi goofily, but then went back to being the emotionless Ryuu. He must have saw something behind us. He looked back behind him and saw the prince.

"I'm not ready..." Shirayuki murmured quietly and he saw Shirayuki freeze for a few moments before making a mad dash for the forest. Obi put his arms out to block their way to her. Prince Zen looked agitated, but stopped.

"Why did she run?" He looked at his newest aide curiously, but obviously upset. "What did you do?"

"What did I do?" Obi asked sarcastically, flabbergasted. "It's not like I'm the one she's running from, now is it?"

Zen then mounted off his horse and tossed his other two aides the reins. "I'll be back before the sun sets, so please be so kind as to escort my horse back to the stables."

He then clenched his fists as he began striding surely towards the forest, his steps echoing his certainty.

Good luck, my Shirayuki.

---------------------------

This is the last chapter Primsgirl89 wrote before I adopted it and began to write for it. From this chapter onwards, it will only be my work.