Chapter 3

Mia sat on the edge of the cliff, dangling her legs off it, she was worried, she didn't like heights, so she wouldn't look down.
She sighed, looking up at the boys, who were arguing about mass and length of spit.
All the boys were wearing matching underwear, she was wearing her vest and underwear. She wasn't wearing anything near as revealing as Beverly would be in a few seconds. She wasn't allowed to, Bill's orders.
Bill was still angry at her and she wasn't going to test him by disobeying him.
She rolled her eyes.
"Look no one wins just decide among yourselves who is going to go first."
"Well why don't you, if you're so smart." Richie sassed her.
"I- um, no thank you." She stuttered out.
"I'll go!" She looked behind to see Beverly running out. Beverly jumped.
"Woah! We just got shown up by a girl." Richie yelled.
Mia stood up and walked over to Richie.
"And what's wrong with that?" She shouted at him and then she pushed him.
He screamed, falling down as the rest of the boys followed, apart from Eddie.
"My mom is gonna kill me." He mumbled and then turned around, surprised to see Mia, hesitating at the edge with a worried expression on her face.
"You okay, Mimi?"
She turned to him.
"Y-Yeah I just- never mind."
He walked over to her.
"What's wrong?"
She whispered, almost so quiet he couldn't hear, "I don't like heights."
He laughed,
"Neither do I! Do you wanna jump together?"
She nodded, slightly.
He grabbed her hand. They jumped, together.
Mia shut her eyes tightly and her grip tightened on Eddie's hand.
They splashed into the quarry below and she giggled as she rose from the the water.
"See not too bad." Eddie told her while smiling.
She nodded and then they rushed over to the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were all sitting on the edge of the cliff.
Mia and the boys were sitting on the rocks and Beverly was sunbathing.
If she was being honest, Mia thought it was disgusting, the way that Beverly was flashing herself in front of all the boys.
There was a stereo on in the background.
All the boys teenage hormones had kicked in and they were staring at the half naked girl.
She saw Bill staring at Beverly.
"Beep."
The only person that looked up this time, was Bill. She had 'beeped' so many times, that they all just thought she was crazy or something.
Bill glared at her, whilst she called, "Beverly?"
Beverly turned around to see all the boys staring at her. She looked at Mia and they exchanged a look, then burst out laughing. The boys all began to blush.
Richie turned over and began to look through Ben's bag.
"Newsflash Ben! Schools out for the summer!"
Ben looked up at Richie going through his stuff.
"It's not schoolwork, I just alway hung out in the library before I met you guys."
"What is this stuff?"
"It's about all the killings in Derry. The rate for deaths is 20 times worse than most places, and that's just adults, kids are worse, way worse."
There was a short silence.
"Y-y-your hair-" Bill was cut of by Ben.
"Your hair is bea-" Ben was cut off by Mia.
"What Bill is trying to say is that your hair looks awesome Beverly. He has a stuttering problem, did you know that?"
Beverly looked up.
"Oh does he? Well thank you bill." She smiled.
Ben looked a bit upset but  spoke up again.
"I have more of the newspaper stuff in my house if you want to see it?"
"Yes!" Mia and Eddie shouted at the same time.
Stan nodded and bill shrugged.
Beverly after a while, shrugged "sure"
Richie on the other hand was against the idea.
"No no no no no no no no no"
But they decided, majority rules.
They put their clothes back on and hopped on their bikes.