o n e

[ E L M O ]

I stared at him with a loving gaze. My chin rests gently on the palm of my hand as I stared straight ahead. He was wearing a sweatshirt with the name S.S HIGH on the front. I highly don't recommend him wearing that. Since it is covering the pure muscle it has underneath.

Dang, I just wanna- 

PG Elmo. PG.

I sighed and looked down at the half-filled page of notes that I didn't need. I shouldn't even be in the class. But I said no to the honors. Because if I did focus on my future ahead then I wouldn't get to see him everyday-

I was cut off to the sound of snickering. I sighed and look ahead. Mr. Bird raised an eyebrow.

"What was that Elmo?" He said. I glanced at Barney who was staring at me with his cold black eyes. Like he was trying to see inside my soul.  "N-Nothing." I stuttered looking down. Barney rolled his eyes and looked back ahead. I smiled to see me one day with him. Ruffling his hair and cuddling to him close.

But another fantasy. 

He never even had a lover before. Not even in Kindergarten when all you needed to do was give a cookie to the person you love and they will promise a romantic play date. He was always in the back. Talking about sports with his fellow friends. Even if I had no idea what they were talking about I listened to every word he says. 

And my love grew even more. 

I laid back on the chair and pressed play. All I could hear now was the song I have on repeat. I mouthed the lyrics as it soothed my soul with meaning:

la la la la la la la la

elmo's world

I could barely hold back tears. The song was about gain and loss. Love and heartbreak. Hope and failure. All in one song. Something I would never be able to do. 

The next thing I remember was Mr. Bird knocking on the tip of the desk. Waking me up. I looked up as fury appeared on his face. I fell asleep.

" I don't know what has been happening lately but this needs to stop now! Or else say goodbye to your automatic access to Barney and Friends University. "

The only reason I wanted to be in that university was that it has his name. I sighed at the thought. I quickly snapped out of it and looked back at Mr. Bird acting like I was afraid.

"Y-Yes sir" I quivered. I quickly grabbed my stuff on the desk and escorted myself out of the room

Dang, why did Barney have to be so perfect? And why did I have to be so Gay?