Muse

Ivar scoffed as Sigurd saw you and started rushing to your side. He would follow you around as if he'd be lost without you. His brother's teased him endlessly but no one could deny that after he was with you he would emerge from is room with tunes and songs that were beautiful.

"Of you go again." Ivar nipped at Sigurd. Ivar's words went ignored.

"Sigurd what do you want?" You asked as you went about your usual day. Sigurd just shrugged, looking at you with an oddly dazed look.

The day went on and Sigurd didn't leave, he even helped although he was mostly in the way. When evening came he suddenly vanished. You curiously moved through the main hall looking for him, chased by the lewd jokes of his brothers.

"Sigurd?" You called, looking for him as you peeked into his room.

He blushed and stumbled to his feet, Oud left on his bed as he hurried over. "Hello." He said awkwardly.

"Why do you follow me?" You asked curiously.

SIgurd went quiet for a long time and stared at the wall before sighing. "Do you remember when my Mother bought a new Thrall and she was awful at braiding my hair?"

"Yes I did it for her." You answered quickly, recalling how awful Sigurd's hair had been.

"When you braided you hummed a tune. I tried to ignore it but it would not leave me... So I made it into one of my songs. I have done for years, you do not know that you are hummed and the tunes are so beautiful. I just have to make them into something." He admitted. He watched as you became awkward, staring at your feet as you fiddled with your fingers.

When he wanted your reaction but you still stayed quiet he gently reached out, gripping your chin, and moved your head so he could meet your gaze. "You made all of those songs because of me?"

"I do not think they're as beautiful as the tunes you hum but I enjoy them." He admitted. The two of you were silent for a long pause before Sigurd lentt forward to kiss you.

"Sigurd you are missing the pretty... Never mind he found one." Ubbe slurred as he and Hvitserk stumbled through Sigurd's door.

Sigurd smiled as he pulled away and everyone looked rather awkward. Ubbe sighed dramatically and strolled over, moving Sigurd so he was hugging you. "Dance, we shall leave, Gods know you two have been in love too long to not at least dance, I think the two of you not being together makes Ivar more angry than the two of you normally." With that he strolled out, pausing in the doorway for Hvitserk, who'd slumped against the wall.

You leant your head against Sigurd as he hummed and watched Hvitserk attempt to walk, motioneding that he needed a moment. Sigurd shrugged and kissed you softly, both of you pulling away when Hvitserk suddenly slammed into the floor. "Sorry! The floor moved!" He whispered loudly and looked up at you but a little dazed and bloody.

"It is alright brother." Sigurd said, helping Hvitserk up as he headed to the gathering. "I will return." Sigurd promised with a light laugh.