Chapter 2: Breakfast Talk

Sunday July 23, 2017 - Polo Towers Las Vegas, Nevada

Gigi POV
7:30 AM

I love continental breakfast, so I make sure to get up early for it when I stay in a hotel. Unfortunately, this resort doesn't have that, so I have to get up and find food before the crowds get too rowdy. I've gone through my whole morning routine and throw on some Adventure Time pajama shorts with my "Born to Reign" shirt that I turned into a racerback tank top style shirt because I'm a crafty bitch. Slipping on a pair of brown sandals, I step out into the quiet hallway and stretch my limbs, letting a yawn escape my mouth.

"Well, good morning there, babygirl."

I nearly choke on the air I was breathing as I turn to see Roman standing at the hotel door a few feet from me.

"Th-that's your r-room?" I stutter out like an idiot.
"Yup. I didn't say anything about it last night 'cause I didn't want you to be anymore freaked out than you already were." He said and threw me a sly grin.
"Oh, whaaat? Me? Freaked out? Psh, nah bro, I'm good." I say smoothly flipping my loose ponytail over my shoulder.
"Mmhmm, right, good to hear. So, you wouldn't mind joining me for breakfast?"
"What? Oh, um, nah, I mean, yeah, I'd love to, I mean, LIKE to, yeah...I'd like that."

He snickers a bit and begins to walk down the hallway. Stopping to turn to look at me over his shoulder, he motions for me to join him.

"Well? C'mon."

I quickly catch up to his long strides the best my little short legs could.

"Nice shirt." He says without looking at me.
"Oh, this old thing? Yeah, thanks."
"Old thing? My new design is old already?"
"Wha? Oh, well, what I mean is that I kinda wear this shirt a lot, so it gets washed a lot, and so it's spirit is a little old and worn, I mean...hm...." I'm a fucking idiot.

He laughs as we approach the elevators and he presses the down button.

"You're funny, you know that?"
"I, uh, I hear that sometimes, yeah, but nah, I'm just...awkward."
"Nah, you're cute."

I blush and rush into the elevator as soon as it opens. He joins me and presses the button for the lobby.

*~*~*~*

We found our way up the strip to one of the only restaurants open this early, Mon Ami Gabi. We were seated at a table in a secluded area of the establishment and looking through our menus. I love food, I'm a die-hard foodie, so I made sure to save up more money than a little bit to have more than enough to splurge on food, and boy am I glad I did; this stuff is expensive as Hell, but it all looks so damn good. By the time the waiter returns with our waters, my mouth was watering and my stomach was angry after looking at all the delicious options.

"Here are your waters, do you guys need a few more minutes to decide on food?"
"I'm ready, how 'bout you Gi?"
"Oh, I'm so ready."

Joe and the waiter chuckle as the waiter pulls out his pen and pad.

"Alright, let's start with you ma'am."
"Alright, I'll take your smoked salmon platter with a plain bagel and plain cream cheese, please, and a café latte. Oh, and can I get a fruit salad with all that?"
"You sure can, no problem."
"Thank you so much!"

He took my menu from me and tucked it under his arm.

"And for you sir?"
"Yeah, ima take that prime steak and eggs platter, eggs sunny side up please, a side of breakfast potatoes, bacon, and sausage, that emergen-c drink here, coffee - black, and whole wheat bread and jam."
"Oooooh-kaayyy, so, I've got a smoked salmon platter with a plain bagel and plain cream cheese, café latte and a fruit salad. Then there's the prime steak and eggs platter, eggs sunny side up, a side of breakfast potatoes, bacon, and sausage, emergen-c drink, black coffee, and whole wheat bread and jam."
"Yup." We say in unison.
"Ok, I'll get that right out for you lovely people."
"Thank you!" We reply as he walks away to the kitchen.