11 - Calm before the storm

"Feel free to join us when you want, Sam." Replied Lucifer, but Sam only replied with a simple nod. The boys exited the room and their voices and laughter began to echo off into the distance. Sam wasn't really into getting out and dirty, besides he wasn't a person who would stupidly go out during a storm. The storm was warned about for weeks, and he knew that it was going to hit hard during one of the days during the camp; and he wasn't wrong. The wind was whistling hard through the trees, causing them to bend in ways that people would think they'd snap straight in half. The occasional flash of light would create such light that it almost blinded Sam at times. "I should of warned them," he thought to himself, but he was right in thinking that they should be more aware of the storms coming.

It was known as storm Luku. It wasn't meant to be a strong storm but it wasn't predicted to get as bad as it did. Most of the camp staff knew about the danger it was going to cause, it was one of the main reasons for why the activities were abandoned today with such short notice. When Sam looked out his window, he could see barely anything beyond the darkness of the sky and the rain bashing against the window. It almost felt soothing to him, like the whole world is staying inside as nature is free to run its course, he enjoyed days like this. Yet, days like this are not always soothing or calming for the mind. Sam was aware that this day wasn't going to go like any other, he knew storms brought around unfortunate events but was also aware that the likelihood of such event to occur to him or anyone around him was lower than the chance to win the lottery. He didn't question the boys stupidity to leave the cabin during the worst of the storm, he knew the likelihood was insignificant.

He arose from his bed and ambled towards the door, a sense of isolation overcoming him. The cabin was eerily quiet, almost resembling abandonment. He cautiously went down the staircase and into the kitchen, cooking up a meal with the cans of food left to use. Sadly, his meal consisted of a sad tin of soup and a pathetic excuse for pasta, but food is food and no one can argue against that.

He took his plate and began to walk up the stairs, before noticing that he was home alone and he can now explore all the areas with freedom. He pondered about eating the food first, but the smell was not the most appealing. Gabriel's socks smelt better, and that was saying something.

The plate was placed upon the desk on his side of the room and began to explore the upper part of the cabin. He first checked out Castiel and Dean's room; it was pretty, similar to his and Gabriel's but a lot more organised and smelt a lot fresher. But Sam caught a glimpse of Dean's secret stash of whiskey that wasn't so strategically placed in his suitcase. Castiel's side was immaculate, there was not a speck of dirt in sight and all his laundry was neatly folded in the wardrobe, with all his possessions organised according to his own preference. Dean's side was the complete opposite.

He closed the door behind him and began to walk left. Lucifer and Micheal claimed the other half of the upper cabin for their own, considering it had 3 others rooms. He approached the first door and twisted the doorknob, but was greeted by a locked door that wouldn't budge at all. There was a lock mechanism attached to the door, but no keyhole.

He tried the second door. The door swung right open and exposed their bedroom. It was a lot more fancier and more appealing that the other rooms. Inside was a TV, a huge king sized bed, an ensuite, a mini fridge, the load-out for a perfect hotel room. The view was amazing, they could see all over the campsite, almost like it was a picture perfect portrait, except it wasn't the best weather to compare it with. However, there was only one bed between two men, Sam didn't want to think of the gay shit that must occur in those sheets.

He left the room, being sure to not leave a trace. He began to trek towards the third and final room, turning the knob and going inside. It seemed to be like the headquarters of the camp in a tiny room. There were two desks, a bunch of paperwork on one and nothing on the other. There were wires and cables almost everywhere in the room, it was impossible to not trip up by a demon cable waiting in the darkness. He knocked the light on and had a look around. He opened both of the computers but both were looked with a pin code as a password, he tried 1234 and didn't open any.

At least he tried.

Then he saw an old looking phone placed on the windowsill, it was dusty and looked like it was barely ever used. However, a green light was flickering on and off. He grabbed the phone and pressed the green button, letting it ring for a moment. Someone answered.

"Oh- thank god you picked up! Lucifer, Michael, if you are listening right now I need you to contact the local hospital right away! We can't use our telephone as it's only connected to the camp lines, we need it sent to route 157. There's a boy-" the line was abruptly cut off, before a monotone drone noise came from the phone. He put the phone back and ran to find his mobile.

He threw everything all over the place, before finding his mobile. He frantically dialled the police station, his breathing unsteady and beginning to pace around.

"Good evening, how may I help you today-"

"Hi! I need an ambulance quickly! There's this boy on route 157, something has happened to him and the lines have been cut. It's camp D and A, all my friends are missing too and the storm is destroying everything!"

Sam remained on the phone with the police force, the operator trying to calm him down but he wanted to know. He had a map of the camp and the route was a 5 minute sprint, shorter maybe if he cut through the wood. He threw on some rubbish shoes and a jacket and bolted towards the location. The rain was pattering hard against his face and the lightning briefly blinding him with every bolt that angered the sky. He occasionally skid and slipped in the mud and puddles to get there at his fastest speed. He saw a small puddle of blood splattered against the gravel, dragging against the floor to create a trail for Sam to follow. It wasn't long until he found the boy.

He fell to his knees and took the boy into his arms, creating warmth for him to keep on surviving. Sam noticed that there was blood everywhere, and he was kneeling in a huge pool of fresh blood. He cradled the dying boy and waited for the help to arrive. He tried to be as gentle as possible whilst containing his emotions. Pushing the boy's bloody hair back and rubbing his back to create more warmth. He shuffled both of them away from the trees to avoid the bolts hitting them, taking shelter under a closed sweet shop. Sam took his jacket off and wrapped it around the boy, desperate to keep him alive.

"S-Sam..." the boy barely choked out over his own blood in his mouth. Sam just held him tighter.

"It's going to be okay," he whispered to him gently, as the ambulances pulled up to them. Sam looked down at the boy with relief before his eyes grew wide and his body run cold with fear. He shook the boy's cold body, gaining no response. He shouted his name several times, gripping the boy's face.

The paramedics ran over to Sam and the limp body, hearing only one word over and over.

"Gabriel! Gabriel! Gabriel!"