1

© Jojo B 2018

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

Snakes and Splinters

1

"Oh look. Severn's going to cry."

I grinned at Severn as Landon teased him and Severn rolled his eyes. He looked very nervous and I didn't blame him. The triplets were getting tattoos done. It had been their choice of course, but now that they were actually doing it, it seemed Severn had second ideas.

"It's gonna be fine," Gomez pushed Severn's blond head. "Don't chicken out."

"What are you even scared of?" Walter gave him a look. "You've had worse, so what's so bad about a little prick?"

"He's got a point," Landon nodded.

"It's not just one prick," Severn mumbled. "It's thousands."

"Depends how big you want the tattoo," the tattoo artist said with a smile.

"Small," Severn replied as he looked at the needles on the tray.

"Just like his – "

"Landon," I nudged his arm, sending him an alarmed look.

"Well I'm ready," Giovanni took off his top and grinned at the woman who was about to do his tattoo.

Gio was seated in the comfortable chair with a cup of water on the table by his side. The tattoo artist had already washed her hands and put on some sterile gloves.

"So you're sure with what you want?" she asked Giovanni.

He nodded, looking at what he'd chosen. 'Sis' for Eunice who'd died when she was eight and Gio was just six. We all shared a sad smile and the tattoo artist picked up her needle.

"Are you ready?" she grinned at him.

Gio gave her another nod and she got started on the left side of his chest, right above his heart.

"How does it feel?" Landon bit his lip piercing as he grinned at his brother.

Giovanni winced a little bit, "It's not too bad. Not as bad as Severn is making it out to be."

"Leave me alone," Severn muttered.

We watched as the artist started on the outline of the tattoo. When she was finished, she swapped the needle for a thicker one and Severn widened his eyes as she began to fill in Gio's tattoo with black ink.

"I can't wait to see your turn," Walter patted Severn's shoulder.

"I bet you he's gonna pass out," Gio said as he winced.

"He will," Gomez agreed. "Even if it's just for a second."

They started laughing and I put my arms around Severn's shoulders from behind him.

"They aren't really encouraging, are they?" I murmured to him with a smile.

Severn scoffed, "Clearly not. The bitches."

I chuckled and let go of him. After some more minutes, Gio's tattoo was finished. The skin around it looked sore and red, but the actual tattoo was looking good and clean cut. The tattoo artist used a clean, disposable cloth to wipe away some of the blood and then she plastered it up.