10

© Jojo B 2018

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

Snakes and Splinters

10

Phoenix decided to call for a meeting when we got home together. He had waited for me to finish my shift so that he could drive me back.

"Do you think everyone is even home yet?" I asked him. "It's dinner time, but Landon is probably on a date and Eli might be with Hayley. Walter is probably still at training and the triplets are always messing around on the weekends."

Phoenix got out his phone and started texting them with a little smirk on his lips, "Oh they'll be home soon."

I felt a smile start to grow on my own lips, "I'm gonna go change and stuff, I'll be down when I'm done."

"Mhmm," Phoenix said, still smirking at his phone and making me wonder what exactly he was sending.

I went up and got out of my work clothes to step into the bathroom. After a nice hot shower, I changed into something more comfortable and I trudged down the stairs in a loose fitting t-shirt and some warm jogging bottoms. I had just reached the bottom of the stairs when all three of the triplets came bursting through the front door, with wide and excited eyes. The sudden intrusion made me jump and I looked up at them in surprise as they rushed for the living room, looking for Phoenix.

"Where?" they were asking as they crowded around their older brother. "Where is it?"

I followed them into the living room with an amused smile.

"Where is what?" I asked them.

Gomez turned around and looked at me with shining blue eyes, "Phoenix's obsidian blade. He said he was going to put it on the table for a game of poker. It's the sharpest blade ever and hella expensive."

"Not to mention, very cool," Severn added. "I swear the Aztecs used to use obsidian too or some shit."

I nodded, "They did. It's volcanic glass. Beautiful really."

"Ooh someone has been paying attention in History glass," Giovanni teased him.

"Shut up," Severn rolled his eyes.

I gazed over at Phoenix, who still said nothing, and sent him a dubious look. Was he really going to let the boys gamble with such a clearly prized possession? Phoenix just kept smirking and didn't stop Severn and Giovanni from searching his pockets, which held no such item. Behind me, I heard the door open and close again and this time it was Landon's voice that I recognised.

"Strip poker?" he called, already removing his shirt as he walked into the living room.

"Really Landon?" I arched a brow and chuckled.

"Yeah, really?" Gomez sent him a look. "We haven't even started yet."

"Wait," Severn paused and looked at him. "No one even said it was the strip version anyway."

"Yeah," Gio frowned in realisation.

The lot of us looked at Landon blankly and he looked back at us with his shirt still hanging in one of his hands.

He winked at us and smirked, "Yeah well, you know me."

We all rolled our eyes at him in unison, making Landon laugh out loud as the triplets faced their backs to him and turned their attention back to Phoenix and his mysterious obsidian blade.