Chapter 34: Alley

Hey I'm backkkkkkkk

LOOK OUT FOR ANOTHER UPDATE BEFORE I GO BACK TO REGULAR UPDATES ON FRIDAY.
———

ALEXIS POV

ALEXIS POV

The overcrowded bar held random chatter and dingy lights. The smell of sweat and alcohol filled the air but, I can care less. At the end of the table sat a drunk man slunched over the bar probably passed out.

You can hear the loud cheers erupt behind me making me turn around a fraction and then face the bar again.

I finally got to use the fake ID I owned.

Not like it mattered, I'm pretty sure the man at the door knew I was under 21.
This is a sleazy bar that I discovered when I first reached to California but never had to come.

Until tonight.

Behind me held fighting that I knew was illegal. I'm sure this place itself is illegal.

I waved over the bartender and asked him for a beer. He eyed me however he complied.

I cracked open the beer and held it to my mouth letting the cold liquid enter my body. One sip was refreshing I soon finished that and asked for another one.

The noise from behind me grew louder and I ignored it. The crowd was chanting "DANGER DANGER" over and over again and I didn't have the energy to turn around to watch the fight. I probably wouldn't be able to see it anyway because of the crowd surrounding the small ring.

I tilted the beer bottle and mixed around the liquid inside watching the bubbles appear.

Daddy loves you

The words behind the picture kept repeating itself in my head. Then the words Aunt Carol told me was just starting to really sink in.

I didn't know my real father.
Jalen is my half-brother.
Everyone lied to me.

I fed myself this information and drowned down another beer.

The crowd behind me grew louder as they cheered for "danger".  I finally turned around to see what all the cheers were about and I didn't get to see anything past the crowd. Only a glimpse of a guy wearing a hoodie heading off the ring to the back.

"This is nothing new. Danger has welcomed us with his presence on a weekday and gracefully won once again!" Someone shouted through a microphone.

This place kind of reminded me of where Uncle Tom use to fight when I first ran from David. I remembered all his moves and how smooth he would move around the ring and knock out his opponents. I smiled at the memory.

I turned back in my chair rolling my eyes with my motion knowing that Uncle Tom would have destroyed half these fighters.