happiness

happiness, something so distant in jihoon's mind. he never thought he'd be able to experience it.

lee jihoon, the quiet talented student. in middle school he was called a "freak" multiple times because of all the scars on his body.

no one knows his past, no one cared about his past.

his mom passed away after she gave birth to him. his dad abused him and blamed her death on him.

jihoon grew up blaming himself for everything. blaming himself for practically killing his mom.

his dad started to drink, this led to more physical and verbal abuse. he even started getting bullied in school.

he was so fragile. it felt as if he could break at any moment.

even the nurse got used to seeing jihoon with new scars.

-

"Again? Jihoon why don't you call the police?" The nurse frowned as she placed bandages on his cuts.

"He is my dad, he could kill me and I would still love an care for him. He was the only person I could 'depend' on as a child" Jihoon chuckled dryly.

"I'm going to call the police" Jihoon stopped her. His eyes watered as he begged her not too.

"Please don't. He will kill me."

-

out of nowhere a new student transferred to his highschool. he was known as hoshi.

people told jihoon to stay away from hoshi, but he was the closest thing he had to family. "call me soonyoung"

-

eventually they got so close that they developed feelings for eachother.

they started to date but once jihoons dad found out, he lost his shit.

-

"What? You're dating?!" His dad roared in anger.

Jihoon flinched and stood tall, just for Soonyoung.

"Yes! I love him! Why can't you accept it!" He yelled back.

His dad's face seemed to harden and he lifted up a fist to throw at Jihoon.

Jihoon decided this was enough, he dodged the punch and dialled 911.

"Hello! My dad is abusing me! Please send help!" He said quickly before hanging up the phone.

"Lee Jihoon!" His dad yelled and tackled the boy.

The front door slammed open just in time. The police arrived.

-

jihoon laid on the grass, staring up at the clouds with soonyoung's hands in his. his boyfriend.

soonyoung smiled and stared at jihoon, "i love you jihoonie"

"i love you too soonyoung" soonyoung leaned down and connected their lips together.

he felt butterflies in his stomach, he felt...happy.

he finally got to experience true happiness.