why don't we just pretend?

Cori walked passed people who looked at her funny since she was still in wet clothes after being pushed in the lake by Ben. She barged right into Mal's room where the group was, except for Anthony. Mal quickly hid her book and the rest acted natural.

"You spelled me." She looked at Jay, who was going to use his charms of flirting he used early in the day. Cori pushed him away and looked at Mal. "You gave Jay a love potion so I would fall for him. You gave Ben one, your just like Audrey, you want to be queen. Well go ahead then, be queen. Just know that you will never be able to truly love someone." Cori yelled. The room was silent. The door opened up again the reveal Anthony with a bag of chips and a soda in hand.

Cori looked at Anthony with a sad look. "I never did anything to you, any of you. Why would you do this to me, and why would you let them?!" Cori said directly to her step-cousin. Anthony finally caught on and dropped the snacks on to the bed before reaching to calm Cori down, but she stepped away.

"I'm done being nice. You drugged me and manipulate me, thinking that that's the only way to get my attention. You all lied to me and torn me apart. I gave you all a chance, to change and become good. You used me and I don't know why, but what I do know is that I'm done with all of you. I'll be nice for appearances, but that's it. If I ever see one of you in private, I'll turn the other way."

With that Cori quickly walked out in a huff. No one in the room said anything, all they knew is that they lost a gateway from the wand, Anthony lost a family member that treated him like an equal, and Mal had lost the person she admired...

·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·

N E X T D A Y

Cori stayed in her room the next day, skipping all her class. When Araina return, she had found her friend still in bed.

"Alright, time to get up." Araina pulled the covers of Cori, which followed with some protesting.

"Just leave me alone, I'm fine."

"Being fine is never a good thing. The scale goes to; Great, good, ok, not ok, I hate you, I'm fine." Araina stated, but only got a grunt as a response. "If you get up, I'll give you a surprise."

There was a brief silence.

"What is it?" The answer made Araina grin.

"You'll have to get up to find out, I'll be back, have to make a call." She cooed, quickly rushed out of the room. Cori glared at the door before getting up. She put on sandals, leaving her pajamas on and walking to the door. At the same time Araina returned.

"Where do you think you're going dressed like that?" Araina questioned, looking at Cori as if she was crazy. She walked over the closet and picked out proper clothes. "Wear this and be ready in an hour." Araina pushed Cori into the bathroom.

·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·