序章

"Finally!" she whispered to herself when the plane started to land.

Her flight from New York City landed at midnight. But she couldn't blame the pilot for the flight to take-off after an hour of waiting for the other planes to land first. What mattered most to her was that she has finally returned to her hometown - Japan. And that fourteen-hour direct flight was worth it.

Once the plane landed completely, like the rest of the passengers, she stood from her seat after unbuckling the safety belt and stretched. Taking her backpack with her, she followed the queue to board off the plane, heading straight to the luggage carousel, and waited with the other passengers to retrieve her luggage. Upon seeing her blue luggage with a red tag, she grabbed it from the belt effortlessly and went straight towards the passport control.

She took her stamped passport and headed towards the exit where people were crowding around to board the public transport to return home. Luckily for her, an elderly taxi driver offered to help her with the luggage, thought she had to help him lift the luggage up into his car boot, fearing he would break a bone if he were to do it alone. After closing the car boot, the two of them boarded the taxi.

"Where are you heading to?" he asked. She told him the address of her new home, a place he was familiar with. As the taxi moved, she looked out at the nightlife of Tokyo, letting her memories come flooding back to her, especially her time in Teiko Junior High as the basketball club manager, and wondered how would her new life be.

Giving the taxi driver the fee, the taxi drove off. She rolled her luggage to her new home, opening the door before entering the building, locking it behind before switching on the lights.

'I'm finally home!' she thought, smiling at the thought of starting a new life in her hometown.