Twenty-Eight

Marie Cousins P.O.V
I felt my lips fall down into a frown. My throat was so dry, and I felt as I could throw up my whole stomach.

My dad met eyes with my facial expression, and he turned angry.

The tears fell down my face as I stormed out of the restaurant.

"'Marie wait!" Elmira cried out, but I ignored her voice that was cracking like our connection no doubt will. I jogged along the sidewalk, and eventually started going in a full out sprint. I found a bus stop, and leaned against it, as I messed up my purse trying to find my pass. Just as the bus pulled in, my fingers touched the pass and pulled it out.

~

I got home as quckily as possible, and ran up to my bedroom. I slammed the door, and sobbed as loud as I could, so loud the dead might even hear me. I knew what I had to do.

The day that Codey left, him and his dad made a cabin for me. Codey told me that I could use it as my escape.

"Since I'll be gone, this is all I can give you." Was Codey's words when he showed me the cabin.

I picked up my suitcase, and filled it with clothes and accessories. I zipped it up, and ran down the stairs. I had to be out of town by the time my dad and Elmira were done with dinner.

I saw a piece of paper and a pen on the table. I stood and thought for a minute, thinking about whether I should write anyone a note.

I shook the thought away, and sprinted away from the house, carrying my suitcase behind me.

I could hear the voices in my head telling me to stop running, but I ignored them and continued on sprinting through the streets of the town.