1: 15 B.C - Ancient Greece

I am Anastasia Petrova, identical twin of Amara Petrova. My sister and I were loved by our entire village, but no one loved us more than each-other.

Although we were identical, every eligible man wished to be my suitor, as I was apparently far more beautiful.

Despite this, I am one of the most powerful witches in the world, which must scare most people off. The only person who loves me dearly, and does not fear me, is my  loving sister.

"Amara come, we must help mother with dinner." I called her. She was picking some flowers for our fathers grave. My sister and I had lost him a while ago, and Amara was still grieving. I couldn't do anything to save him, as he was miles away when he died. She felt as if a part of her had been lost, and it upsets me that she feels this way. Sometimes I blame myself, wondering why I couldn't have done more.

"Im coming Anastasia." She answered walking up to me, with a bouquet of beautiful flowers, but I couldn't take my eyes off her tearful face.

"Smile Amara, father wouldn't want you to be sad." She nodded and weakly smiled, until her eyes diverted to Qetsiyah, and a handsome young man who seemed to be staring right back at Amara.

They both walked over to us, and the mans eyes never left my sisters face. Qetsiyah, meanwhile, was absolutely clueless.
"Amara, Anastasia, I would like you to meet my fiancé, Silas."
"It's pleasure to meet you both." He smiled at both of us, but stayed entranced in my sister gaze.
"And you Silas." I replied.

Qetsiyah seemed to notice now, and wasn't very happy about this. Her eyes narrowed at the two. I couldn't help but smirk.
"Amara my dear handmaiden, I'm in need of your assistance." She said in a cold tone. My sisters smile faltered, and she quickly nodded.
"Of-of course." My sister stuttered nervously. I shot Qetsiyah a hard glare, but she didn't dare look at me. Amara followed her as she walked away, which left behind me and Silas.

"You're sister is beautiful." He almost whispered.
"I know, but don't forget who you're betrothed to. Qetsiyah is also beautiful." I reminded him. He looked down and sighed.

——————————

After meeting Silas, my sister stared dreamily at nothing. I could tell she liked him, as an absentminded smile was glued on her lips.

"Amara I can see the way you look at Silas." She looked like a deer in headlights. I could always tell when my sister was nervous.
"What are you-"
"No sister, I can tell when you're lying, so don't even try. Qetsiyah is a very powerful witch and could destroy you in seconds. No man is worth that." I tried to persuade her, but I could tell she was still smitten. I can't protect Amara all the time, she needs to find her own way, and I'm not sure if this man is the right choice for her.

"I'm sorry sister but, I can't help it. You told me to stop being so sad, and this is the only way." She looked at me shamefully, knowing that what she was doing was not right, but neither is taking my sisters happiness away from her.

"But you would protect me wouldn't you? If anything were to happen to me?" She asked, even though she already knew the answer.

I was the most powerful witch in all of Ancient Greece, possibly in the world, but that did not mean that the people I love were free from harm, especially from Qetsiyah, who was a powerful witch also. She stood no chance against me, but could easily kill my beloved sister.
"Of course Amara, I will always protect you."

2 months later

Amara was with Silas, on his wedding day. He is supposed to be marrying Qetsiyah, but really he's running off with my sister. I let her do this because I want her to fulfill her happiness.

I want her to marry Silas, and spend all of eternity with him, because that's what she would do anything for. And I would do anything for my sister.

Qetsiyah has made an eternity spell, so that she and Silas could spend all of time together, but I tweaked it a little.

When Qetsiyah drinks the spell, she will die, and Amara will become immortal with Silas.
I just really hope she drinks it...

——————————

I was now waiting at a tent for Amara and Silas. I was going to give them everything they need for their travels, say goodbye, and pretend as if I know nothing.

The only thing I'm worried about is that they're an hour late, and my mind jumped to all sorts of conclusions. The only thing in their way was Qetsiyah, and there is no way on earth that I could let her take away my sisters happiness.

I do a simple locator spell on Amara, but for the first time ever, it didn't work.
"No." I whispered under my breath. I must have tried it at least 5 times before I decided to set out and look for her the old fashioned way. Like a human.

"Amara! Silas!" I called, my voice becoming shaky as there was no answer. "God, no. Amara are you there?" I shouted into the dark.

When suddenly a twig snaps and I'm faced with Qetsiyah. Her face spread with pure insanity.
"Amara is not able to see you at the moment." She said monotonously.
"Why?!" I hissed demanding an answer.
I felt the power and rage rising up inside of me and ready to burst out upon this witch bitch.
She simply looked over to her right, where there was a candlelit archway, made for a wedding... except, it was smeared with blood.
My legs weakened and I whimpered at the thought of that being my sisters blood.
I sprinted to the archway and looked across seeing my sister in Silas's arms. Dead.

"No! No no no no no." As I rushed over to her body all the anger disappeared and I was left with sadness and heartbreak. I was weak, because my sister was the only person I would die for. And now she's gone.

"Sister I'm sorry." I couldn't speak anymore before I started hyperventilating, and struggled to breathe. Silas was holding her so tightly, scared to let go as he knew when he did, she'd be gone forever.

I tried to do some sort of spell, to revive her or start her heart again but there was no power in me. It was like my heartbreak had made me weak, taken away my power.

"You both have made huge mistakes." Qetsiyah said, but I couldn't bare to turn around and see her face.
"And you will pay for them, just like Amara."

I then felt a deathly pain sleeping through my heart, until everything quickly went black.