The New Girl - part one

Disclaimer: I do not own Saved By The Bell or any characters, media or anything other related to the canon of the original show. The only things I own are the original characters featured in this story and the plot of the story I have written. 

It's all right, cause we're saved by the bell!

It was the last day of summer vacation and Zack Morris had every intention to spent it as leisurely as possible. The last twenty-four hours of lazy freedom before being confined to the suffocating walls of Bayside High, having to pretend to worry about homework he'd never make, being scolded and sent to detention by his good pal principal Belding, having to get up at unreasonable times in the morning to even get to school and watch as his former rival in love shows off his new girlfriend whom he had stolen right from underneath Zack's nose. Alright, stolen might not be the proper term as Kelly was the one who ultimately decided and knowing the cheerleader, she just followed her heart innocently and purely. He couldn't fault her, nor could he fault Slater for being the victor of her love. But it still sucked, nonetheless.

So many things had changed at the end of last school year. Slater and Kelly got together, Jessie's father remarried and she had to move away with her family which left the house next door creepily empty and abandoned. Jessie and Zack had been neighbors and friends since forever, the thick, old tree connecting his bedroom window with hers so they often visited each other unannounced for small talk or actual advice on situations. But with her gone, that tree was nothing more than a tree.

Zack intended to spend all day in bed, sleeping, dreaming, being as lazy as he could be. Unfortunately, sleeping in was not begrudged upon the young troublemaker as several moving vans pulled into the street. The sound of the radio blasting from one of the vans made its way into Zack's room, he could feel his entire room vibrating as the music was intended for the entire moving party to hear and enjoy. Zack, however, could not appreciate the music at all.

In all their loud glory, the movers opened the back of the van and proceeded to unload every piece of furniture and every box inside. They yelled at each other, wondering where certain items belonged, yelling for help as objects were too heavy. A couple of "PIVOT!" cheers echoed through the otherwise soothingly quiet street.

The blond let out a very annoyed groan as he tossed his blankets off his body and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. "You've got to be kidding me..." He muttered as he crawled out of the comfort of his bed and headed for the window, glancing down at the ruckus down. "Really? Now?" It was beyond his comprehension, selfishly, as to why people had chosen to move into the old Spano residence today. One day before the new school year, and at this - for Zack - ungodly hour of ten in the morning. Zack watched as men in matching overalls continued to lift furniture and boxes from the van towards the house. A few minutes later, another car parked behind the vans and three more people got out.

There was a man, possibly somewhere in his very late thirties or early forties, with brown hair that seemed to have started to fade on the sides, as well as a younger man who looked the same age, if not a tad older, than Zack himself. His brown hair was styled with a taper fade and his build seemed quite muscular, even bulkier than Slater. Zack assumed he was a jock. His eye caught of light of the third and final person getting out of the car. The only girl in the company who seemed to be about his age and from a distance was probably the same height as Lisa. Her dark locks were tied into two low hanging braids that reached just past her shoulders. Though the three of them hovered around the car for a moment, his eyes were glued to the girl below. Zack was known to be a heartbreaker himself, chasing after every girl that caught his eye until he had his eyes set on Kelly. With his battle for her love now lost, Zack was a free man and couldn't help but feel interested in seeing the fresh face in town.