[6. Taken]

Tommy POV ~

"My heart is so cold and I feel so alone."

"Ay, look at this," I picked up a toy car next to me and placed it in front of Charlie; who sat on the bed sheets next to me playing with his bricks. For the first time in weeks I just lay down, not even a thought crossing my mind. All I needed at this very moment in time, was the smile that was plastered on that little boys face.

He wasn't able to speak to me but he mumbled and played around, and I knew he was happy just me being there

Looking over at the cigarettes I decided to light one and breathe the smoke away from Charlie, who continued to play with his toys. I propped myself up on one elbow and cuddled him in my arms gently.

"We'll be okay won't we?" Kissing his head I laid back down and wondered what the point of all this really was. I should be out on the road just like we were as kids. Feeling the fresh air on my skin, and the water running across my body. We'd travel from place to place, leaving nothing behind; there certainly wouldn't be any trouble.

                          ✞

"Ya know you did well Tom," Johnny Dogs stood next to me pointing to all the garden and house behind. "Shame you don't have anyone to share it with ay."

"Don't get any ideas. Anyway I already told you you'd be camping near a big manor soon enough," I needed the gypsies strategically placed near the Russians to help make sure they weren't double crossing or working against us.

"I don't know Tom you don't seem in the right mind to be making these desisons."

"Then why was I making all the desisons when we came back from France?" A faint smile played on my lips as he turned away from me, lighting his cigarette

"Then why was I making all the desisons when we came back from France?" A faint smile played on my lips as he turned away from me, lighting his cigarette. For the past hour we'd sat here drinking and smoking, talking about business and whatever else he had to say to me.

Taking a long drag on my cig I rested my head back and closed my eyes, "I met a girl Johnny and my god is she a beauty."

"You've just lost your wife," He questioned me sitting down on the other side of the table.