Chapter 4: Mr. Goldilocks

I follow Draco and Mr. Malfoy through Knockturn Alley's dark and scary road until we finally pass into Diagon Alley. A sigh of relief escapes me as we pass into the lighter and happier place than that other one. Unfortunately, Diagon Alley isn't as bare as Knockturn Alley and that is something that I don't really prefer. I mean, I love watching happy people and being around people, but I don't like being in a large crowd that could potentially give me claustrophobia.

Draco notices that we could easily lose each other and grabs my hand to make sure that I am with them. I smile at him and move behind him so that way we are in a line with Mr. Malfoy in the front, breaking the sea of people. I know that I should go look for my brother and the Weasleys, but honestly, I just want to spend time with my best friend and his father. Also, I want to leave Mr. Malfoy with a good impression, because I am his only son's best friend.

"So, Ana," Draco calls out to me, and I look at him with a questioning glance, "Are you here to get Hogwarts supplies as well?" I nod my head happily, and I start to bounce around with excitement. He laughs at my childness and has a thoughtful expression on his face. Before I can ask him what he is thinking about, he turns back around and tugs on Mr. Malfoy's sleeve. The older Malfoy looks down with a slightly annoyed expression on his face, but Draco seems like he doesn't notice. They start to whisper to each other or I should say they are speaking to each other in normal volumes because everyone else is basically being super loud. Not wanting to interrupt them, I focus on the storefronts as we pass each magical store.

"Ms. Potter," Mr. Malfoy disrupts my window shopping, and I quickly look up at the tall man. "Would you like to go supply shopping with us? Draco would love if you would join us," Right after he asks me, I immediately want to say yes, but at the same time I am supposed to be here with the Weasleys and I don't want them to worry about my absence for the entire day. Sighing, I take out my notepad and tell them my decision.

"I would love to join you two, but I am actually supposed to be here with the Weasleys and I don't want them wondering where I am the entire time," I tell them, and Draco looks instantly disappointed. Guilt quickly rises through me, and I quickly backtrack my earlier statement. "Well, I can join you two, but we need to let the Weasleys know."

Right after the young blonde reads my last sentence, a grin appears on his face and he grabs my hand again. Sadly, I don't know where the ginger family is at, and I tell the Malfoys that as well. My blonde friend seems eager to go and find them but is stopped by his father.

"Hold on, Draco," Mr. Malfoy calls out while sharply putting his cane in front of the younger version of himself. My best friend quickly looks up at his father while having a slight hint of fear, "I have some business to do first then we can look for the Weasleys. For now, why don't you and Ms. Potter go into Flourish and Blotts while I take care of my business."

Draco and I agree to his request and quickly head into my favorite place in Diagon Alley. Oddly enough, when we enter the building that is usually empty and this time it is super crowded. I don't mean that there was like twenty people, I actually mean there are probably hundreds in this small building. Making sure that we have each other, we quickly head up the staircase so that way we can get out of the crowd.

"What do you think is going on?" I ask Draco, who after reading my question, just shakes his head in reply. Sighing, I decided to look at the books that are laying on the stairs while Draco continues to watch the crowd. As I continue to look at the books, I hear a ripping sound behind me and I quickly turn around to find Draco tearing some pages out of a book. As quickly as possible, I grab the book out of his hands while shaking my head no with a frown on my face.