Chapter 9: Mudblood

The next time I wake up is when Professor Snape shakes me awake for dinner. Yawning while nodding my head, I slowly get up before hurrying out the door behind Professor Snape. We have minimal conversations on the way to the Grand Hall, but I don't think either of us minded. As we get closer to the hall, the loud noises that are being created by the other students and teachers progressively becomes worse. I am not awake enough to deal with loud people right now. The professor must have heard my internal complaining, because I see him smirk for a few seconds before opening the doors.

Sighing, I start to walk to the Slytherin table when I notice my brother motioning me over. With confusion clearly evident on my face, I walk over to them before asking my brother what's wrong. He explains that during Quidditch training today, the Slytherin Quidditch team stole their time on the Quidditch pitch. I pat him on the back because I know how much Harry loves this sport.

"Did you know that Draco is the new Slytherin seeker?" the Weasel asks me, and I shake my head while I go into complete shock. Why hasn't Dra said anything about being part of the Quidditch team? Before I can continue my inner breakdown, my brother also explains about the main problem about the whole ordeal, because it gets even worse.

The Slytherin captain called Hermione a MudBlood. Confused, I look at Hermione for an explanation and she explains that a 'MudBlood' means dirty blood. Usually, a MudBlood is a muggleborn, because in the eyes of purebloods and half-bloods, muggleborns have dirty blood. My hands clench into tight fists as I continue to listen to her explanation. I hold back my urge to go to Flint and punch him in the face. I may be nice and innocent to others, but once you hurt my family and friends, I will protect them and get revenge, if need be. If I go and punch Flint in the face, then most likely I will get detention or worse. So, unfortunately, that means that a physical confrontation is not on the table. Sighing, I go over to Hermione and give her a giant hug, which she does not hesitate to recuperate. Pulling away from the hug, I grab my notepad and decided to write down my feelings on this entire matter.

"I can't believe he said that to you, Hermione! You are a bright and talented witch! Especially for being a Muggleborn! The only reason anyone would say such a disgusting word is because they are jealous that they can't do half the things that you can do, especially a first year. Don't ever forget that, Hermione! Or so help me I'll throttle you until you know that I'm right like always," I tell her with a smirk on my face. She laughs while agreeing that she won't forget it. Laughing, I tell them that I'm going to eat and start to walk to the Slytherin table.

As I am heading over, I look over and notice Kitty sitting by herself at the Hufflepuff table. Feeling bad that my friend is by herself, I redirect myself over to the Hufflepuff table and place my hand on her shoulder. I feel her flinch from underneath my hand before quickly looking up to find that it's just me. Kitty relaxes before giving me a smile that shows she is still slightly hesitant around me.

Giving her a hand motion to follow me, I wait for her to get up before walking us to the Slytherin table. Smiling at Draco, I sit Kitty between me and my honoree big brother because I'm pretty sure the other Slytherins do not appreciate what I just did. Feeling a pair of eyes on me, I look down the table to see Flint giving me a disapproving look, but I just give my best glare before turning back to my friends. Kitty looks very uncomfortable being at the Slytherin table, but I simply give her a reassuring smile before promptly filling my plate with food that I like. As I have a conversation with both of my friends, I make sure that Kitty and Draco are eating enough food because they need to stay healthy.

Sadly, dinner comes to an end, and I have to say goodbye to my friend. Kitty gives me a hug before rushing off with the rest of the Hufflepuffs. Right as I am about to follow Draco down to the dungeons, I see a pair of identical red heads and I instantly remember what Flint called my friend. A devious smirk appears on my face while I motion for Draco to go on without me. Rushing over, I tackle one of the twins, but I didn't have enough strength to take him to the ground. Ironically, instead of Fred falling to the ground like I imagined, I am the one that has fallen to the ground after running full force into him. I hear the twins laugh at my expense before helping me off the ground.