"hey Mom"

*Not edited*
Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world safe, decent, Innocent
Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town is Riverdale. Our story begins, I guess with what the Blossom twins and did this summer. On the fourth of July, just after dawn, Jason and Cheryl drove out to Sweetwater river for an early morning boat ride. The next thing we know happened for sure is that Fulton Doiley, who was leading Riverdales boy scout troop on a bird-watching expedition, came upon Cheryl by the river's edge, Riverdale police dragged Sweetwater river for Jason's body, but never found it. So a week later the Blossom family buried an empty casket and Jason's death was ruled an accident, as the story Cheryl told made rounds. That Cheryl dropped a glove in the water, and Jason reached down to get it, and accidentally tipped the boat, and panicked, and drowned. As for us, we were still talking about the 'July fourth tragedy.' On the last day of summer.

*

**

Riverdale. the place I missed so much.
I grew up in this town. With family and friends. It feels like I have been missing for years, even though it's been only three months. There was a part of me that didn't want to leave the cab While the other wanted to run right in. Before I left for New York Betty and I got into a small fight. Nothing serious but I haven't spoken to her all summer. I was shaken from my thoughts when the diver cleared his throat. "Sorry" I mumbled before handing him the twenty. Before opening the door. I only had one suitcase with me. Seeing as my other stuff will arrive tomorrow. Nerves bubble in my stomach with each step by taking. The house still looked the same. I wonder if the people in the house were still the same. What I failed to notice was three people watching me. Gaining fake confidence I raise my hand to knock on the door. It only took a few minutes for my mom. On her lips were a beaming smile and glassy eyes. "Hey, mom.."