Day at School

Alex's P.O.V.

Monday... Ugh I hate Monday, and I think you should know why. You don't? Well because it's the beginning of the week and I have school. So yeah, I have a great reason to hate Monday. Anyway, my school starts at 7:30 a.m. so I need to get up and get ready.

After my daily shower, I got dressed as usually and made my way downstairs to have breakfast. "Good morning, honey." said mom. How can this woman be so hyper at 6:20 in the morning. "Morning mom." I replied

- "Why so grumpy?

- Maybe because it's Monday?" I asked (note the sarcasm).

- "Well I think you should be happy, because God has given you a new day.

- Can't that day be a Friday or a Saturday?

- You're so lazy." she laughed at her own joke. "So today, I'll be home late. I have to do extra work and your father is taking me on a date. I think you know how to cook, so you prepare yourself lunch and dinner. Don't forget to do your homework and-

- Don't stay up too late, I know.

- Good boy, now let's pray, eat and go."

After prayer we sat down and ate our breakfast. After I finished, I put my bowl in the sink and got upstairs to my room, styled my hair, took my backpack and got in mom's car. We drove to school in a comfortable silence. When we arrived at school, I gave mom a goodbye kiss and entered the building. I entered my first class and sat in the end beside my bestfriend Josh. We had math the two first periods and I hate math, so does Josh. Seriously?! Why math the first period of the first day of the week?! After the teacher entered, I put three books one over the other, and drifted of to sleep cause I hate this subject and I fail in that subject whatever I do.

After two periods of hell, we had religion class. We were told that a new teacher will be replacing the other one since he will be moving out of the country. As we were waiting, a priest entered. As I examined his face, I recognized him. He was the same priest that was in the church yesterday.

"Hey class, my name is father John Nurrend, and I'll be your teacher from now on. If anyone wants to ask any question during the session, he or she may raise their hand, or if they want, they can talk to me after the session." Well that's a good start. It seems like a sign to go and talk with him.

"So, I wanted to begin with a little question. Who is Jesus Christ?" No one raised his hand. Personally, I never thought about this. I was taught that he was God's son, the world's savior etc. But I never thought deeply about it. But why was he asking this, and from the first session?

"As I presumed, no one has an answer. We know that Jesus Christ is God's son. This is what we were taught since we were toddlers. But has anyone of us ever thought that if he believed in this? I want you guys to think about this and tell me your answer in the next session which is next week. So you have quite a long time."

The bell rang already already, and we had recess. The day continued normally, but I was thinking about going and talking with father John since he seemed so friendly and wise. 

Should I go... or no? How to start this whole conversation?

I told myself that I should go and talk to him. I made my way to his office but, unfortunately, he wasn't there. Ugh, my luck.

I got home after school and made myself some lunch. after that I did my homework and rested a bit. I began thinking about the question of father John. Who is Jesus? As I was thinking about all this, I began feeling sleepy, so I decided that I'll change into pajamas  and go to sleep. I prayed as usual and drifted off to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, if you loved this story so far, vote, and give me your opinion in the comments. And also, I won't be that active during the weekdays, but I'll try my best. I hope that you'll love this book.