Thinking Together

+two days

Every Wednesday, we go head to the church the first period. There was father John again. We prayed together as usual and headed back to school.

After Mass, we had two periods which were history and maths. Again MATH. But thank God, this two periods passed quite quickly. We had a recess of half an hour. I headed to my usual table, where I sit with my friends and chat. We began talking about what father John has asked us.

"What do you think guys?" I asked because I haven't thought about it yet. "He isn't asking this to just hear us saying 'Jesus is the son of God, our Savior' and blah blah blah. It seems like there's something deeper. Something that no one of us has ever thought about it that way." I continued. Everyone nodded in response.

"I think that his question wad double-sided. I mean like the point is asking HOW is Jesus the son of God." Said one of my friends. That was quite clever of him. So we thought about putting a list of questions that would be the side he meant. The questions were:
1. Who is Jesus?
2. How is Jesus the son of God? So he's questioning the Holy Trinity.
3. Why Jesus came to this world?

We thought about the first question and concluded that Jesus was the son of God, the second person of the Holy Trinity, the Savior of the whole world and of the humanity... Those were the things that anyone should know, so I don't think that there is an other explanation for this question.

The third question was also really easy. Jesus came to save us from our sins and so that we could be worthy to go to heaven. This is what the Church teaches us. So I think this question is also answered.

But the last question was really hard. Like impossible to answer it. We thought about it for five more minutes until the bell rang, signaling us that we should head to class. We decided to talk about this question at the second recess, which was after two periods. I had two periods of English. But instead of listening to what the teacher was explaining, I was thinking about this question. Dude, one simple question it was, but yet, no one could have it answered. I never noticed that the time ran away quickly, but the ringing of the bell made me know. I headed to the cafeteria again and waited for my friends. This recess was only twenty five minutes, so we had to hurry up.

We thought about it the whole recess, but no one had an answer. Every time we thought that we were getting closer, we realised that we were getting farther.

So we decided to ask him what he meant when he asked us that question.

We agreed and everyone returned to their classes.

After school, I returned home, and to my surprise, my mom was home cooking. Oh God, I love her everything she cooks. She greeted me with a warm smile on her face. "You're home quite early mom?" I asked. She told me that she got one day off of her work, so she decided to cook for me.

We prayed and sat down to eat. We were doing some small chats when she asked. "I heard that father John Nurrend started giving sessions in your school." "He's actually my teacher." I said. "That's great. They say that he is a really good priest. Always so kind and caring. Have you had any session with him yet?" I began telling her what he asked us and how we think about it. I told her thay we are waiting the second session so we could ask him what he meant. She was really happy that we were so waiting for religion sessions, which I never realised that I was really excited for the second one. Anyways. I did my homework, ate my dinner and headed off to bed cause I was really tired. I prayed as usual and drifted off to sleep.

-
So hey guys. I know that I wasn't active this whole week, I'm really sorry about it. I hope you're enjoying this story. I'm really happy that everyday, the number of the viewers are getting higher, even if it is a little bit. Thank u guys for reading my story and if you arrived this far, please leave a comment and let me know about your opinion. May God bless each and everyone of you. And also, as you noticed, I changed father John's last name from Muret to Nurrend.