five - strange encounters

This is what I picture Al'Lyssandra to look like. Just imagine her with bright green eyes and silvery white hair. I tried to edit the photo, but... yeah, well, my editing skills are practically non-existent.

-

UNEDITED

-

The next morning Al'Lyssandra, Anakin and Obi-Wan faced the Jedi Council.

"Track down this bounty hunter you must, Obi-Wan," Yoda said, concerned.

"Most importantly, find out who he's working for," added Mace Windu.

"What about Senator Amidala?" Obi-Wan asked. "She will still need protecting."

While Anakin was inspecting the pattern on the floor, Al'Lyssandra listened carefully. She had to prove she was a good Jedi, one of the finest. One day, a day in a hopefully not so distant future, she wanted to be granted the rank of a Jedi Master and to achieve that she had to show she was reliable and conscientious. Al'Lyssandra was not the kind of person to settle for anything less than the best.

"Handle that Al'Lyssandra and your Padawan will," Yoda explained.

They both nodded in confirmation.

"Escort the senator back to her home planet of Naboo," Windu ordered. "She'll be safer there. And don't use registered transport. Travel as refugees."

"As the leader of the opposition it will be very difficult to get Senator Amidala to leave the capital," Anakin voiced his concern. Al'Lyssandra shared his opinion, but she also knew that Padmé Amidala had no choice but to obey. Unless she desperately wanted to put her life at risk and be killed.

"I agree," she supported his claim.

"Until caught this killer this, our judgement she must respect."

Windu tugged at his sleeve and said, "Got to the senate and ask Chancellor Palpatine to speak with her about this matter."

With that, they were dismissed and the three inclined their heads and walked out of the room, leaving to do what they were told to.

-

Anakin and Al'Lyssandra had a meeting with the chancellor of the Republic. Although she had briefly met him before, she was not as acquainted as Anakin seemed to be.

A guard opened the door of his office and they silently entered. Palpatine was facing the window, but he turned around when he saw the Jedis' reflection in the glass. They bowed.

"No, no, none of that," he smiled and beckoned them closer. "Our most promising pupil and the most beautiful woman in the galaxy; I should be the one who bows in your presence."

Anakin beamed with pride at the chancellor's praise, but Al'Lyssandra frowned. "Do you mean to mock me, Sir?" she asked calmly.

Anakin threw her an irritated glance and Palpatine seemed surprised, too. "Mock you? I wouldn't dream about it, my dearest!"

Politicians, she scoffed in her head. On the outside she said, "I mean no offense, chancellor, but I am a Jedi first and foremost. One would think something insignificant as outward appearance paled in comparison. Yet all I seem to be recognized for is just that."

Al'Lyssandra could see how Palpatine's perception of her was altered in just a few seconds as he looked at her with new interest. He was not the first who didn't bother to look past the girl's beauty, but he wouldn't underestimate her again.

"Yes, yes, I apologize," he mumbled, not taking his gaze off of her.

Anakin cleared his throat and the chancellor finally broke eye contact. "Ah, yes," he recomposed himself, "I have been informed about the matter that brought you here."