Bonus Chapter

Jack

My brother was a total idiot, but I forgave him for it. Mostly because he paid the rent. I turned away from the stove to look at him shoveling through the waffles that I'd made for breakfast that morning - mostly because Jamie couldn't cook to save his life and if he did cook I'd probably die young. His dark hair so similar to my own was short and combed neatly away from his face.

He'd made some stupid comment about me making him a great butler, apparently I was cheap labor, and he also added if I could do his wash too. I was never going to touch that guys underwear, even if you paid me.

I crossed my arm over my chest studying him. I glanced at the clock and sighed, it was almost nine which sucked because I hated mornings. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. If I didn't have this stupid English Assignment I would still be sleeping.

I felt Jamie's finger as he ruffled my hair and I fixed a scowl in his direction batting away his hand.

"You really need a haircut, mate," he grinned.

I shook my head. "Not really."

I didn't really know Becca Adams, sure she'd been in a few of my classes but whenever I saw her, she always seemed so uptight and unapporachable. She had haunted eyes and an unexpressive face even if she was pretty. A guy would have to work extra hard, I suspected to garner a reaction from her. I didn't do extra work, I didn't have to. It was always easy to charm a girl, and while I was never serious - though I never made them feel like the were a useable commodity - I made it clear that I didn't want a relationship.

The door pulled open and I took an involuntary step back.

I don't know what I expected to see, but it wasn't this. Becca Adams, in clothes that clung to her body and a fire in her still slumberous eyes, her mouth turned down into an unplesant scowl. In that moment she had gone from just pretty to absolutely stunning.

"You!?" her voice was slightly raspy and that told me she'd been asleep. "What you doing here?"

I couldn't keep the surprise out of my face. Maybe there was a fire inside the cool exterior she presented after all.

She sighed heavily. "What do you want Jack?"

I let my eyes wander up her body. She had long slender legs and a compact little body. What did I want? Well right at that moment I really wanted to know if her skin felt as soft as it looked, or if I could get that pretty pout to turn into a smile. I grinned at the scowl on her face, and the crease that formed between her brows.

"Well," I drawled, the look on her face so fierce I had to stop myself from laughing as I added "We were supposed to start our project today."

"Great," she muttered not bothering to hide her displeasure at that as I struggled to hide my amusement. 

She moved out from the doorway and I trailed behind her. I wasn't ashamed. I looked. It was hard not to now that I had seen hints of what she may look like under all of her composed indifference.

"Stay here," she commanded as if I were a puppy and then disappeared down the hall.

I moved to the couch hoping that she wouldn't be angry because even as I wanted to see more of her fire it seemed like she was extremely close to kick me out and telling me to bugger off.

I studied the space, it wasn't any different to my own apartment really except for the touches that screamed female scattered throughout the place.

I felt her gaze on me and I had to admit I let her think that I was unaware, mostly because I wanted her to see me which surprised me because it was only a few minutes before she had opened the door looking like a gloriously angry beauty that I thought she was a high maintenance girl who was too much effort for me.

"Staring isn't polite," I said liking the blush that touched her cheek.

She shook away her embarrassment and joined me on the couch. We had barely begun anything when I heard an "Oh Hello" from behind us.

I glanced at Becca to see that she had gone still, the colour draining out form her face.

The woman that stood behind us was beautiful. There was no doubt that. She had the kind of figure and face that would have started in many fantasies if I hadn't been reading the embarrassment that was pouring off Becca at the moment.

"I'm Sara," she introduced, moving her outstretched hand close to me.

"Jack," I returned taking her hand to try and ease some of the tension that had built around the sassy brunette.

"Oh you're British, that's hot."

I wondered how I was supposed to respond to that. Did I say thanks? Or just ignore the fact that a barely dressed woman was calling me hot. It was flattering if not a little disturbing.

"Mom!" I heard Becca hiss.

"Well, Jack," she not even sparing Becca a look.  "I do hope to see more of you around. It gets so lonely here sometimes."

"Mom,"

"Let's just do this at school tomorrow okay," she said giving me no real chance to object.

I studied her for a moment before nodding nodded. I could sense that even if I had stayed the encounter with her mother had thrown a wall up around her. Picking up my bag I stood and looked at her willing for her to look at me. She didn't

Part of me didn't want to leave her alone with that look on her face. I stopped just before I reached the door and turned to her. "This is going to be interesting Adams." 

It was then that she looked at me and I grinned. I could see the wheels turning in her pretty little head. This was going to be interesting indeed.