Chapter 2

{Picture of Ace}

Evie POV

I was a bit shaken after running into that guy. The way he looked at me scared me, I didn't want someone mad at me. What if he didn't hear me say sorry? I didn't want him thinking I wasn't nice or something. But I am too shy to approach someone so I'll just have to hope for the best.

Frist period was a bit interesting considering the math teacher, Mr. Saya, was a complete and utter nutjob. He was really nice though and didn't make me do the whole "stand up in front of the class and tell about yourself thing. Thank goodness too, because I hate talking in front of people. My second period class was relatively easy to find since the girl from earlier whose name turned out to be Amy, told me the way. My second class was English. I hurried in and found a seat at the back of the room. I was one of the first few people so it was easy to find an open seat. 

People continued to file in as it got closer to class time. The bell rang and there were still a few open seats. The teacher hustled in and pursed her lips at the sight of the open seats. 

She then fished out a piece of paper and started taking attendance starting from the bottom to the top. Around the r's the door burst open and in walked Mr. Scary eyes from this morning. My eyes widened slightly when I saw that the only open seats were surrounding me. I visibly gulped and quickly looked down. 

Mr. Hord, the teacher sighed and said. "Boy's take a seat."

Ace smirked and he and his friends walked back to my row. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ace POV

I walked into the classroom with my boys everyone looked up at us. The teacher sighed and said, " Boys take a seat."

She was used to us from the previous years of us being late. 

I looked up around for a seat and saw a few in the back, perfect. I also saw a small certain someone looking up wide-eyed at us before removing her eyes and looking back at her desk. I smirked and worked my way through the sea of desks, making my way to my angel. 

I sat down next to her and through my bag next to my seat. She was still staring at her desk as my boys filed in to surround her. I frowned as I realized she was visibly shaking. I heard my name called and said, "here". The sluts near the front of the room looked hungrily at me and seductively stared at me like I was a piece of fucking meat. I cringed and looked away. I looked back at my angle and saw her still shaking in her seat. Fuck, did we scare her that much? 

Ms. Hord worked her way through the list until she got to another name, "Evie Carter?"

I looked around the room until I heard a soft, "here". I turned and looked. So that's her name! 

Class proceeded but as per usual, I spaced out and didn't really pay attention. Plus the teacher wasn't doing any teaching today since it was the first day. I also used this time to keep stealing glances at my angel. She looked so innocent and small surrounded by us. She was staring off into oblivion, not listening to the teacher either. Her eyes were focused on the windows which showed off the view of the school courtyard and garden. 

Her hands absentmindedly played with her hair as she sat resting her chin on her knees. I sighed in contentment seeing as her shaking had stopped and she had seemingly forgotten that we were there. 

I looked up and noticed that my friend Alex, was staring at me smirking. I pulled out my phone and started texting him.

Ace- Why are you looking at me like that?

Alex- Why are you looking at the girl like that?

Ace- What are you talking about?

Alex- Really? Don't gimme that bullshit, you know what I mean.

Ace- I'll talk to you and the boys later, as of right now, make sure no other boy touches her or talks to her, if they do, you know what to do.

Alex- Got it.

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and watched as Alex texted the others making sure that they were all notified of the situation at hand. They all glanced at me and nodded. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evie POV

The teacher was just talking about rules and all that stuff so I didn't bother listening. I started thinking about a new dance I stared out the window and started mentally choreographing a new dance. I think I would make this one a lyrical. My dad had told me that the school wanted me to perform at a basketball game half-time, so I needed to either come up with something new or use an old dance. I had a bit of time, around a week, so I thought it would be a good idea to just create a new one. I started thinking of song choices and the costumes I had. I picked the song Lay Me Down by Sam Smith. The costume choice was a bit harder. But I chose my old maroon dance top with a maroon pair a spandex and sheer, flowy maroon skirt. I thought that that sounded like a nice match. 

I was starting to think of a few eight counts when I felt a pair of eyes boring into my back. I was scared to turn around because I knew it was Ace. I learned his name during roll call. I decided to ignore it and go back to choreographing. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the relatively short chapter, it was more of a filler than anything with a bit of foreshadowing. Please vote and comment with feedback!