XIII

Alex

Leaning against my car, I ignored students as they stared at me while walking past. I had texted Dylan to let him know that I was here, so I knew he wouldn't be long.

As if on queue, he appeared across the car park. It felt as if it had been a century since the last time I had seen him. We had spent most nights on the phone, pining for this moment. I wished more than anything that I could pick him up and push him against my car and...

"Hi, Alex."

Dylan's sweet voice snapped me out of those thoughts and brought me back to the real world. I smiled at him and breathed a greeting, walking around the car to hold the door open for him. He thanked me and climbed in, allowing me to close the door behind him and jog around to my side of the car.

A couple of flashes went off but I ignored them, pulling off from the car park quickly to prevent them from getting too close to the car.

Inside the car, Dylan began to fiddle with the screen on my car, flipping through the songs on the music app for a while. He eventually settled on a song and surprised me.

"This is one of my favourite metal bands." I told him, turning the volume up.

"Good taste." Dylan commented, relaxing into the seat.

The drive to my house was short and I found myself wishing it was longer. I loved listening to Dylan sing along to some of my favourite music, being a little silly with it and enjoying himself. He even did seat bops to the music, as if he was slightly headbanging.

Pulling up to my house, there was, thankfully, no paparazzi.

"This is your house? How many people live here?" Dylan gasped, "I mean I realised you were famous when I saw an arcade game based on you but it didn't occur to me that you were this famous."

I felt strange. 

I wanted so badly to just be a normal guy that Dylan was seeing, but everything about me made that difficult.

"Only I live here. The size of it is mainly for security. I've had trouble with neighbours in the past." I explained, watching Dylan's face scrunch together in confusion.

"Doesn't it get lonely?" Dylan asked, looking up to my face with confused eyes before climbing out the car and going up to the front door to look inside.

"Yeah it does." I murmured, watching the adorable boy walk into my house without a care or a look back.

Following him inside, I made sure the gates were locked at my security screen. Glancing at the cameras, I didn't see any cars parked outside, so I think we made it in without anybody seeing us. I didn't want Dylan's face plastered on every shitty tabloid gossip paper in the country and abroad.

"What's with all of the blankets?" Dylan asked, having made his way to my living room.

I had decided a date at mine would be the best idea for the time being. Until Dylan and I were more comfortable with each other, and I had actually asked him to be mine, it was easier to keep it out of the public eye.

I had prepared for our date by gathering all of Dylan's favourite foods and some retro games. I had also collected a stack of blankets to make a fort, which was something Dylan had said made him feel safe and cosy. I'd also slipped one of my hoodies into the pile in the hopes that he would wear it.