Chapter 3: The Journey

3rd POV

Eirika and her companions have liberated the border castle. Alongside Princess Tana, they ride to the Freilan capital.

Frelian Castle

King Hayden: Oh, Tana I'm grateful to see that you're safe and home again! You've no idea how I worried when I heard you were under attack at Border Mulan. You are not to leave again without my permission. Do you understand?

Tana: Don't be mad, Father. look, I come bearing good news. Eirika! Come out now!

Eirika: King Hayden, I am pleased to see you again, even in these sad times.

King Hayden: Ah, Eirika! It does my heart good to see you safe.

Eirika: Thank you. I was able to escape the castle before Renais fell. But I'm not sure my father...

Before Eirika could finish the sentence, King Hayden interrupted her. (Y/N) had a bad feeling that it would be a bad thing for Princess Eirika.

King Hayden: Yes. I... have received word of your father.

Eirika: Your Highness? Please tell me. Is my father well?

King Hayden: ...My friend King Fado...did not survive the fall of Renais Castle.

The Suspicions of (Y/N) came true, after King Hayden said that Eirika seemed very hurt by the bad news.

Eirika: ..No, it cannot be...

Seth: .....

(Y/N): "I'm so sorry Princess Eirika for that bad news" I said that in a depressed tone.

King Hayden: Rest assured, Grado will be punished for its cowardly act. This is Frelia's promise. Eirika, please stay here and rest. I cannot imagine how exhausted you must be.

Eirika: ...

Seth: King Hayden. You know of Prince Ephraim's disappearance, do you not?

King Hayden: Yes, we hear the prince and his men hound Grado at every turn. It's said that he's led his forces into the empire itself. Reports suggest he's crossed the border and now fights in Renvall.

Eirika: My brother... He fights on? Even now?

(Y/N): "I did not know that your brother Ephraim was so strong Eirika", I said a surprised tone

King Hayden: Yes Eirika. My pegasus knights bought this information at a great price. Even though Renais has fallen, he charges into the enemy's heart. He is truly Fado's son.. What a valiant youth. I wish that I knew whether he remains unharmed, but i do not.

(Y/N Mind): "There are even Pegasus in this world, this is very interesting"

Eirika: King Hayden, I thank you for your offer, but I cannot stay. I intend to ride to my brother's side with reinforcements.

After saying that, (Y/N) reacted in a surprising way what Princess Eirika said

(Y/N): "B-but Princess Eirika that's impossible, it's true that Renais has fallen, but we're not enough to help your Brother Ephraim Princess Eirika". I said in a negative tone

King Hayden: He is right Eirika. I cannot allow it. I know how you fell, but this plan is suicide. I would be betraying Fado's memory if I allowed any harm to befall you. Stay here. Rest and mourn. Leave this war to the warriors.

Eirika:I know you mean well, Your Majesty. However, I have lost my father, and my twin brother is in peril. My brother, he is a part of me... I cannot rest here in peace while he risks his life.