The Sudden Accident

3RD PERSON POV

"What?! you're going to stay in Chicago for another 2 months?! but you promised you wouldn't be gone that long!"

(Y/n) shouted into the phone as she was talking to her brother. Takeo sat back in his chair in his office and he said to her.

"Yeah sorry sis, work's piled up a lot quicker, I tried asking for a few days off to visit you but they need me here more than ever, working abroad in the trading company wasn't my ideal choice but, when you see an opportunity you just have to take it, besides, you've got Sakura to keep you company."

(Y/n) groaned annoyingly when he said this. Dark Link shook his head and then Dr Smiley came over to him and he asked him.

"What's going on?"

"Takeo called (Y/n) and now she just now found out that Takeo is gonna stay in Chicago for another 2 months."

"Well, what did you expect? when you're working abroad your job tends to keep you busy."

Dr Smiley said with a smirk which made (Y/n) glare at him. (Y/n) then said to Takeo.

"Man, I wish you could quit that stupid job of yours, I hate it when you're out there in a dangerous environment."

"Hahaha!! I know it's a rough neighbourhood out here, but, look, I'll try and have another word with my boss and see if I can find an excuse to get back here safely."

Suddenly, Takeo's boss shouted.

"Takeo! what are you doing sitting there on your phone?! get back to work!! there's a ton of paperwork that needs to be done immediately!!"

"Yes, sir!"

Takeo shouted in a panicked tone. (Y/n) held back her laughs and then Takeo said to her.

"Sorry about that sis, I better get back to work, say hi to the old man for me and take of yourself and be careful when you're at home and when you're heading home from school, you're not the only one who is living in a rough neighbourhood."

"You don't need to tell me twice, Big bro, I'll speak to you again soon, bye."

READER'S POV

I hung up the phone and I sighed annoyingly. Dark Link chuckled at me and he then said to me.

"Are you really that annoyed about your brother working in Chicago?"

"I am, last time he went to Chicago, he didn't come home for Christmas, he's always telling me that he won't staying out there for long but..."

"He doesn't keep his promises does he?"

"Nope."

I said hung my head in disappointment. Dark Link rubbed my shoulder and he then said to me.

"Don't worry, at least you've still got us right?"

"I know you're right but, Takeo is the only brother that I've got and I worry about him."

"I know you do, but, while he's gone, you've got us OK? besides, a certain gamer wants a rematch with you."

I looked at Ben and he was smirking at me and he had two Wii Mario Kart controllers. I shrugged my shoulders and I then spoke up.

"All right, honestly, you're always finding ways to cheer me up."

"Hey, we hate seeing you miserable while you're brother's gone abroad, now get over here so that I can beat you again."

"All right fine but no cheating this time, BEN!"

"Hahaha! all right, all right."

Ben said as he set up the game and I sat next to him.