53

"Tord had an older brother named Torin, who was about 2 years older than him.

When Torin was 12 years old, he was serverly beaten in a fight at school and died from his injuries.
Tord was thrown into a state of shock that seemed to never fade, so he was perscribed medication and given therapy to help overcome the shock, but at a cost: He had to forget his brother ever existed.

By the time we first see Tord in the series, he has completely blocked all memory of Torin from his mind.
Throughout the series, though, as we begin to see Tord become more and more sinister, he starts to remember.

By the beginning of The End, Tord has completely remembered his dead brother and goes on a rampage. His rage, grief, frustration and sorrow completely blind him to the fact that he is hurting the people he loves the most.

As Tord kills Jon, he is absorbed in his own fury, unable to control himself. He pulls the trigger, but thinks nothing of it.

When the robot explodes, Tord suddenly comes out of his fit of rage and realises what he has done. By the time he is staring out at the ruins of the neighborhood or whatever, he decides that he has made his own bed, and that now he has to lay in it.

So it was really him having an emotional breakdown that made him so terrible.
Years of suppressed sorrow and the like bursting out at once caused him to do terrible things.

**EDDit: Why was Tord so infuriated and emotionally unstable once he remembered his brother?

Several factors here

-Torin protected Tord. He was like his little brother's guardian angel. When he died, Tord realised that he was on his own.

-Tord forgot about this person who had loved him so much for a little over a decade, and when he finally remembered him, not only was he extremely upset and emotional, but blinded with rage at the fact that he had allowed himself to forget about his brother, who he had always been there for him until he died.

Other info: Twice a month, Red Leader visit's Torin's grave and places flowers, then proceeds to "talk" to him, which was actually him just getting his feelings out."

- The Dutch Cuck (Tord)