Ch. 25 - Timothy Gibbons

"Say your name for me one more time," Eve heard Scooby prompt the camper he was checking into the health station.

"Timothy Gibbons," the rotund boy said again with a slight wheeze.

"Okay, Timmy -"

"It's Timothy." The camper said firmly, cutting Scooby off mid-reply.

The kid pushed his glasses back up the bridge of his freckled nose and Eve had to bite the insides of her cheek to keep from laughing.

"Timothy," Scooby said tightly, "do you have any medication to check in?"

The kid let out a giggle,

"Uh, yeah, just a few," Eve looked over as Timothy hefted a large plastic bag full of pill bottles and inhalers onto the table with a resounding thud, "these are my traveling medications."

Eve's eyes threatened to bug out of her head. She sifted feverishly through the stack of health forms in search of a Timothy Gibbons, to no avail.

"Timothy, did your family bring a health form in along with your registration?"

Timothy wheezed another giggle,

"Sort of. My doctor should've faxed everything over this morning."

"Faxed?" Eve echoed, her eyebrow hitching.

Timothy nodded with amusement,

"Oh, and my mother will most certainly want to speak to you before she leaves. You know, about my needs."

"Oh, and what a treat that promises to be..."

Eve swallowed her negative thoughts and glanced to Scooby with a forced smile,

"I'll be right back, Scoob. Maybe Sandrine has the fax from Timothy's doctor."

Timothy Gibbons was the last camper of the day to check-in. This was the first big group of the summer, topping off at 125 attendees, and Eve was truly feeling the pressure. She scooted back her chair and began clipping toward the front office, all the while wondering what "needs" Timothy could possibly be referring to. 

She was about to find out. The file Sandrine, the office manager, handed her with an apologetic smile was rather thick.

"Holy moly," Eve breathed, scanning through the pages with her thumb. 

She tucked the filed under her arm and fixed a neutral expression on her face before heading back out into the lodge. It was a matter of seconds before a blonde woman who could only be Timothy Gibbons' mother approached her, a broad smile on her round face,

"You must be Eve? The health officer?" 

Eve returned her smile,

"That's me! Mrs. Gibbons, I'm guessing?"

Mrs. Gibbons nodded emphatically,

"You guessed it! Do you have a moment to go over Timothy's medical needs?"

"Sure," Eve replied, "let's have a seat at the health station where we can speak in private."

She ushered Mrs. Gibbons toward the back corner of the lodge where they happened to run into Timothy, who was being escorted to his cabin by a CIT Eve couldn't remember the name of for the life of her.

"Timothy, baby!" Mrs. Gibbons gushed, "Come give mummy a hug goodbye!"

Eve fought to keep her expression neutral. Timothy looked to be at least 12, and she would've been pretty mortified at his age if her mother had decided to address her that way. It didn't seem to phase Timothy, however, and he launched into his mom's arms for a big hug.