Chapter Five: Embarrassed by the Parkinsons pt. 2

Hermione

             The dining room was even more fancy. It had silver drapes on every window and two chandeliers hanging above the table.

"Sit down please

"Sit down please." Pansy says before moving to sit down.

             I go to sit down as well and Draco pulls out my chair to help me sit. He pushes my chair in and sits down next to me. To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. I look around the room and bite my lip. This will be one interesting evening. I keep my back straight and let my hair fall down to right below my breasts. Huh, I didn't know it was that long until I got it straightened. Pansy sits down across from me and smiles and Draco.

"Do you like the dress that I picked for Miss soon to be Malfoy?" Pansy asks slyly.

Draco shifts uncomfortably. "She's beautiful."

I turn to stare at him. That's not what I expected from him. "Thank you." I mumble, my face turning red.

"No need to thank me. I truly believe that you're beautiful." Draco smirks at my reddening face.

I smile tightly and look across the table. There wasn't a lot of conversation after that. The food arrived, we ate, we drank more wine, and then it was time for us to go home. Or so I thought.

"Maybe Hermione and I could go shopping tomorrow while the boys play pool?" Pansy asks me with a humorous smile.

"Sure." I reply, sheepishly smiling. She's really enjoying embarrassing me in front of Draco.

"Until then. I'll send an owl later tonight with a time and place to meet." Pansy says.

"Thank you for having us." Draco says before taking my hand and leading me out the door.

Once we were a good twenty feet from the manor, he stops and turns to look at me. I turn to look up at him shyly. Why am I shy? I hold my breath as he continue to stare.

"What?" I ask.

"You truly look beautiful. Although I do prefer the regular Hermione. This one is a nice change." Draco replies.

I blush. "Thank you. You clean up very nicely too."

Draco smiles. "I want to kiss you." Draco whispers.

My breath catches. "But you don't even remotely like me. " I respond, frowning.

"I don't think I hate you anymore. That's a start. I just want to see if we have something you know?"