Chapter 1

"Dean, Blain and Cara Christianson! Please come into my office," Mrs. Anderson says from her doorway to her office. I look up from the floor where I'm playing on the floor with my two sisters. I'm Dean by the way. I stand up and hold out my hands to them and they each take one. We walk into Mrs. Anderson's office.

My sisters and I live in an orphange. We've been here five years, ever since Cara, my 7 year old sister was 2 years old. My sister Blain is 10 years old and I'm 17 years old. If we don't find someone to adopt us by the time I turn 18 I'm going to adopt my sisters myself.

Mrs. Anderson is sitting at her desk and there is a pretty older women with long brown hair sitting across from her. We stop just inside the office and stood quietly. The lady and Mrs. Anderson turn and look at us both sporting smiles.

"Children, this is Ms. Sarah Harper," Mrs. Anderson says pointing to the lady. "The three of you are going to stay with her for awhile, alright?" She looks at us and we nod at her. Ms. Harper will be our sixth home in two years. People don't want to keep or adopt us since the three of us are package deal. They want my sisters but not me because I'm older.

"Go get your belongings children," Mrs. Anderson says and I nod and lead my sisters upstairs to our room. We share a room because my sisters have horrible nightmares from past foster homes that were abusive toward us. We each grab our one duffel bag a piece and pack our clothes and our book a piece.

I carry my sisters bags plus mine as Cara has a death grip on my hand as Blain walks next to me. We step inside the office and wait for Ms Harper to take us. Ms. Harper shakes Mrs. Anderson hand as she stands up and turns to us. She smiles sweetly at us and Cara hide behind my leg and Blain steps behind me slightly. I'm there protector. Have been every time we are abused at a foster home. If they are in trouble and were supposed to be punished I would take their punishments. I've had countless broken bones, broken and bruised ribs, bruises and scars. You name it I've had it done to me.

Ms. Harper leads us to her truck. It's a nice new black Chevy Envoy. I open the back door and help my sisters get in and strapped before I start to get in the back before Ms Harper tells me I can sit up front. That's new. All the other foster parents made me sit in back to keep my sisters quiet. I look at them and sit up front to avoid making Ms. Harper mad. I smile weakly at Ms Harper as I buckle myself in. I turn and smile broadly at my sisters so they'll be good. They smile back as we pull out of the orphange.

"So, Dean, how old you again?" She asks turning onto the main road heading out of town.

"I'm 17 years old, Ms Harper," I say quickly but quietly.

She turns and gives me what I hope is a genuine smile. "Please call me Sarah, all three of you."

I look at the girls to make sure they answer. "Yes ma'am," we say together.

About thirty minutes later we pull into a long winding driveway that has alot of fenced in land with what looks like horses? Oh please let there be horses here! I love horses! Ms Harper, I mean Sarah, pulls up and parks next to a very nice home that has red siding, a metal roof and some trees. There are several out buildings. One looks like a smaller home and the rest are enclosures for horses and a horse stable! There's a beat up 70s model Chevy truck in the driveway along with a tractor and a lawn mower.

Climbing out of the Envoy I help Cara and Blain out and get our bags from the back. Cara stops walking suddenly and I look back at her in question. She holds her arms up to me. I smile and pick her up. Blain latches her hands onto my arm.

Climbing the three steps onto the porch that has a swing on it we follow Sarah inside the house. Entering I see that we're in the kitchen that's warm and has a homey feeling. Pale green colored walls, a small window that looks out into the horse corals. A stainlees steal stove, fridge with a freezer and dishwasher. The table is big enough to seat ten people. Sitting at the table are three teenagers, two boys and a girl.