Three

Wide awake. Hallie lay wide awake. Insomnia. Insomnia was nothing new. Insomnia had haunted her for years.

After the argument between the siblings Hallie shut herself away. Away from Ricky. Away from people. Away from everything. Everything except from her thoughts. Her thoughts were always there.

The girls tried to coax her out of her bedroom. Key word being 'tried'. The door remained locked as she remained response-less. They knew it would be best to leave her be when she was in that mood. They knew because they learnt the hard way.

Arguments, especially with people she cared about, had always got the better out of Hal. She couldn't deal with them. Her only escapes were the same as many people's; by no means were they a health coping mechanism, but to her they worked. Cigarettes & alcohol. She only smoked when she couldn't cope, and though she was still underage for both in the US, she had good enough connections. Connections that she could trust keep her secrets.

It was only when she began to search her backpack she realised her tobacco wasn't there anymore. No one knew she smoked. None of her friends had a clue. As it began to hit her, the panic set in. No one could find out.

"Fuck,"

The fear that if her family found out they would disown her simply added to her current stress levels. She'd never felt like she could trust anyone.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!"

Grabbing her keys and sprinting out of her room and straight to the garage, she had completely forgotten about everything to do with the argument. The sudden chaos attracted the attention of many people in the house though she paid no attention to anyone and dodged all questions aimed at the her.

As soon as she reached her destination, the boys house she ran inside. Too panicked to knock on the door she ran straight up to Alex's room—it was the only place she had opened her bag so it was the only place she could've dropped her stuff. Being so focussed on her cigarettes and no one finding out, she didn't even notice the three boys watch her sprint through their house.

"Adapt I don't care if you have a girl in there but I'm coming in!" She yelled from outside the room before bursting through the door.

Turns out he was sprawled across bed on his phone. Confused. Confused was the only way to describe him. He knew she could be random but this was a new level.

"Where the fuck is it?" The crazed-looking girl muttered as she frantically rummaged around his room.

"Where is what? And why are you murdering my room?" He asked, raising an eyebrow towards her. She didn't respond though. Being ignored added to his confusion. The muttering of incoherent words helped add to the image that Hallie looked crazy. She wasn't crazy though, just scared and worried.

"What's up?" He asked, slowly approaching the shaky girl and taking ahold of her hands in attempt to calm her down.

"I just need to find it before anyone else," She once again muttered.

"What do you need to find?" He repeated himself.

"You're too close to Ricky. If anyone finds it I'm dead."

"Hal when the hell have I ever not kept a secret. Just tell me." To Cameron he sounded like he was getting annoyed with her, though in reality he was just worried about his friend.

"If I tell you this you have to promise you won't tell anyone, especially my brother." He nodded. "I sorta smoke a lot, and I've lost my stuff."

"Like cigarettes?"

"Mmhm,"

"I wasn't expecting you to say that but honestly it's not a big thing." He said reaching over to his bed side table and passing me my stuff. "I thought it was just some of the guys shit, don't worry about anything it's nothing to be scared of we've all smoked."