Four

Expectations. Failed expectations. She always felt that she failed expectations others held her to. Expectations that only existed within her mind. Her mind that couldn't cope. Couldn't cope with the idea of failing. Failing her family. Failing her friends. Failing herself.

Hallie had many struggles. Many struggles she kept to herself. Kept to herself because she didn't want to be a burden. A burden to the people she cared about. They didn't deserve to have to deal with her shit.

Finally dragging herself out of her shower, she wrapped one of her large fluffy towels and made her way out of the steamy and warm bathroom quickly getting cold. She ran into her closet to change into one of Alex's old hoodies she stole just before she left to go back home, it still smelt of his cologne. She would always steal one of his sweatshirts until his scent faded, then she'd give it back and take another. He would never mind, he could never comprehend as to why she took such a liking to his clothes but they seemed to comfort her so he didn't question it.

After changing, Hallie crawled under the mountain of covers where she spent the rest of the night, not falling asleep for hours.

The next day rolled around painfully slow for Hal, the hours blurred together till it hit 8 in the evening. Silence. Silence filled the house. Everyone had gone out to eat but she hadn't, she was still in a rut and she didn't want to be near any of her friends.

Having enough of the silence, Hallie decided she was going out. Going out to get drunk in a shitty club. A shitty club in a shitty area where they wouldn't care about ID. ID that was obviously fake, ID that held her freedom. Still being under 21 sucked.

Heavy but makeup, a tight black mesh top, and a tight blue denim skirt clung to skinny frame of the girl. The girl that was lost. The girl that wanted to be found. The girl that was too stubborn to ask for help.

Less than a mere two hours later, Hallie found herself sat at a sleezy bar with multiple shots lined out in front of her. Peace. For the first in what ages she felt at peace, with herself. Even if it was only temporary. Each shot was one step closer to peace. The burning sensation that followed each drink only proved the girl's theory even further. All she needed was a few more hours to finally reach complete peace. Blackout drunk peace.

Waking up to rays of harsh sunlight beaming through small gaps in unfamiliar curtains, Hallie rapidly recognised the drilling headache she knew would be around all day. Being laid in a bed of a crappy apartment with a man she recognised but didn't remember quickly startled the small semi undressed girl until she realised that the oversized T-shirt that drowned her figure belonged to the gay friendly bartender she met a handful of times through an old friend.

Careful not to wake Josh, she tiptoed into the bathroom with her clothes bundled up in her arms. Once she'd got changed again and fixed her hair, Hal left a small thank-you note on the kitchen counter and scrambled out of the crappy apartment. Luckily Josh didn't live too far from the club they were both at last night so it didn't take too long to locate her car and drive home.

Rowdy voices echoed through the Clout house from the fourth floor as Hallie tiptoed up the main staircase back to her room for a shower, heels in hand.

Just as she reached the top of the 3rd flight of stairs and thought she was safe, the very angry voice of an extremely protective Ricky could be heard by pretty much the entire Hollywood Hills. "Where the hell were you?"

"Out,"

"What were you doing?"

As well as Hallie knew how bad this would look to people, her brother especially, she wasn't in the mood to explain so instead she mumbled a quick; "None of your business,"