Chapter 2 - Calm down? Her brother is a vampire!

Author's Note: Changed the POV it's third person for this chapter 

Jacob paced up and down the front room of his house for the hundredth time as his friends murmured in the background until Quill yelled at him, slightly annoyed, "Would you stop that, it's irritating."

Jacob glared but did as told and sat down on is couch with a huff, "Well, I'm sorry but it is more than a little irritating when you imprint on a girl who has a mother fucking VAMPIRE as a BROTHER!"

"Calm down, Jacob." Sam reasoned, "We don't even know that he is even a bloodsucker; just because he has gold eyes it doesn't mean he's a vampire."

Paul snorted, "Yeah, but the fact that there were seven of them but only six heart beats might." The whole room turned to look at him: questioning his sanity, and he seemed to shrink under their gaze as he mumbled, "Just saying."

Jacob let out a frustrated groan as his head fell into his lap, "I hate you all." he grumbled as the doorbell rang, "Someone get that: I have a headache."

He looked up to see Clary and her brother with three of their friends, and shot up with a lazy grin on his face, not before hearing Seth's boyish giggle, and Leah's scoff. "Hi," Clary waved "We were bored and thought that might as well get to know the residents here, since we're staying for a while."

"Su- Sure,"Jacob stuttered out and Clary smiled though Jace's eyes seemed to darken and narrow at him as she sat beside Jake. He made a point of sitting between them much to Jacob's chagrin and discomfort though Clary didn't seem bothered, and in fact welcomed him with open arms. 

The afternoon went on quietly as they watched the game, little conversations between Clary and Isabelle striking now and then or between Max and Simon. But Jacob sat there silently, eyes glued to the screen, willing himself not to look at Clary, fully well knowing that Jace would rip his throat out if he so much as glanced in her direction. It stayed that way until Jared suddenly stood up alerting everyone to his presence.

"I know!" he screamed, "There were seven of you this morning, but now there are only five, I knew someone was missing!" The pack stared at him in confusion but Simon chuckled, and a cute giggle escaped Clary. Jacob finally looked at her in wonder and decided he would never grow tired of the sound nor the smile on her beautiful face.

"Alec and Magnus were doing 'couple things'" Max claimed with quotation marks, "Basically they're going to have sex and my sister doesn't want me to know what sex is till I'm too old to try it myself."

This time it was the pack that burst into laughter and the others that were left in silence through shock, "I didn't know you could be too old to have sex." Seth said.

"Oh you can't, which is why I'll be dead by the time Isabelle finally explains my existence." Max sassed at him causing Isabelle to slap him round the head.

"Alright, who told Max what S-E-X is?" Isabelle asked, refusing to say it as the pack snickered until they saw the look in her eyes and shut up. "Jace?"

Everyone looked at him, "Don't look at me! He probably read it in some comic your boyfriend gave him."

Clary gasped, "Firstly, it's manga, show some respect, or at least that you are my brother."

"Secondly, every manga I have ever given Max was completely child friendly!" Simon finished.

"I'm fourteen!" Max exclaimed in exasperation, "You lot treat me like I'm completely oblivious to the world, and I probably would be if it weren't for the fact that all four swear worse than mom when she's on her period."

Jace grinned at that and ruffled the young boy's hair, stopping immediately when he saw the murderous look on Isabelle's face. After that the obvious tension that laced the room seemed to vanish and they were all talking to each other as if they'd been friends for years. they lounged and ate popcorn as Jace constantly flicked through channels, seeming to annoy Clary as she eventually snapped at him, saying, "Just pick one." To which Jace replied by chucking her the remote. 

They finally settled on watching 'Game Of Thrones' reruns for while until Isabelle realised Max was still in the room and immediately sprang to her feet, snatching the remote from Clary and switching the channel to something more 'child appropriate'.

Clary stood up slightly, "Where's the bathroom?" she asked.

Before anyone could say anything Seth replied, "Jake will show you."

Jacob looked up at Clary then back at Jace ho was now glaring at both him and Seth simultaneously, and gulped. He looked back at Clary to see a warm smile on her face and returned it blissfully as he stood leading her down the corridor. He opened his mouth o say something then closed it again and settled for simply staring at her face in amazement at her raw beauty. She glanced at him when they reached the door, and looked at him strangely once she saw his awestruck gaze.

"Um, thanks, Jacob." she hesitated, and Jacob took the moment to redeem himself from the creepy staring.

"Call me Jake."

"Okay...Jake." she said with a smile before pushing the door open.  

Jacob stood outside the door for a few seconds before breaking into a sort of victory dance then composing himself and making his way back to the living and perching in his seat beside Jace. Simon had somehow made his way from the chair on the other side of the room, that was now being occupied by Isabelle to the space that Clary was previously sitting in. Jacob grinned as he realised the channel had been switched again and they were now watching the Simpsons, waiting for Isabelle to realise that just because it was a cartoon it wasn't very 'age appropriate' according to her standards.

Clary walked in again, and Jacob barely concealed his sigh of utter awe at the mere sight of her forest green eyes that shone like emeralds in the light. His own eyes trailed lower down her face only to find that her beautifully plump lips were now pulled into a small scowl as she glared at Simon, "I was sitting there." 

"Well now I am." Simon replied looking up at her with a challenging expression.

"Get up."

"No."

Clary narrowed her eyes, "Fine," she finally huffed before flinging herself onto the couch so that her feet lay on Simon's lap and her head on Jacob's while the rest was a left to Jace. Jacob sucked in a breath and felt his heart stop beating for a second as her head moved on his legs, "Much better." She smirked victoriously at Simon who stuck his tongue out playfully.

She glanced at Jacob and smiled before shifting to watch Bart making a fool of himself. The werewolf himself tried, and failed, to stop the drool from leaking out of his mouth as he stared at the gorgeous girl on his lap before glancing at Seth who merely rolled his eyes and smirked along with Quil and Embry. Sam though, was staring confusedly at Jace, the conflicted thoughts evident in his expression before he shook his head and smiled encouragingly at Jacob. The boy himself had gone back to gazing longingly at his imprints face, hopelessly in love.