Already Taken

(Not Proofread)

I worked on the last few pages of paperwork I had been assigned by my boss before she went home. Lately, she has been giving me more work than usual and I'd be lying I said I didn't understand, but Algee stays with me every night until I'm finished so he can lock up the building.

"Almost done?" He asked throwing his keys in the air and catching them as they fell back down. 

"A few more things to organize and file and then I'll be ready to go, sorry it's taking so long tonight

"Nah, It's cool. I know she piles you with a lot of work, and I don't wanna go home anyway". He spoke for softly, so I wouldn't hear the end. 

Things between me and him after a few days ago have been professional. I still drops the gorgeous and beautiful bombs every now and then but nothing more than that.

"Why not?" I questioned to let him know that I heard him.

He looked at for a minute, as if he wanted to confide, but didn't wanna get too personal.

"It's nothing". He shrugged.

"...okay," I said returning to work, not wanting to pry any further.

"Just let me know when you're done..." He stopped about to say something else but he didn't finish.

"What is it?" I questioned again, hoping he'd tell me with no hesitation.

"I mean I'm a little hungry, just wanted to know if you wanted to grab a bite eat?". He asked.

"Of course, I don't see why not.." 

"Ok, cool.". He walked back to the office.

***

After another 30 minutes, I was finally done with my paperwork and was ready to go grab a bite to eat. I switched out the light on my desk and called for Algee who was in his own office surfing the web.

"Hey, you ready?". He asked shaking the keys.

"That's why I called you big head".  I Joked

"Which one? He winked.

I made my way out to his car, T.T had dropped me off earlier so I had no car of my own to worry about taking home.

"Where are we going?". I asked buckling my seatbelt.

I have never been in his car before obviously. It smelled like cologne and cigarettes, more than likely cologne that was sprayed to cover up the scent because it doesn't smell like the fragrance he usually wore. My father was a serial smoker, so I could recognize the cover-up of the scent anywhere.

"There's this new place around the block. I figured we could grab a bite there if you wanted". He said pulling off into traffic.

"Isn't that place a bit expensive?". I asked, cautiously. 

"So? I wanna go somewhere nice. I could use the treat".

"Okay, but I wanna pay for myself".

"Nah, I got it. I invited you out, why would I let you pay?".

"I guess".

"Let me open the window... enjoy the wind in your face, It's relaxing".

I felt my cheeks warm up as he placed his hand on top of mine. 

***

We arrived at the restaurant, though it was late, around 11, it was still crowded. Considering the grade of restaurant this was, I was expecting suits and dresses all around, I immediately felt uncomfortable when I thought I wasn't dressed in the proper attire.