Chapter One (Edited)

I sighed as I looked up at the starry night. It has been exactly five years since the Promised Day, five years since I have seen him. I sat on the shingled roof of my apartment building. A soft wind was blowing through my now short, a-lined, violet hair. I stayed on the roof in silence before I finally climbed out of the chill air and into the warmth and comfort of my apartment.

I woke up that morning with a massive headache. I hate it when this happens. I had a rough job yesterday from Colonel Roy Mustang. I sit up in bed and stretch a bit. I yawn in the process( I literally just yawned) and soon swing my legs over the side of my bed.

Over the past five years I had matured and changed a lot. I had cut my hair in an a-line style and died it deep purple. Like his eyes, I suddenly thought. I shook my head and went to the bathroom. I began to gain a more curvy body over the years. The same year he left me I lost my right leg and left arm in a train accident. So, I got automail from Winry Rockbell. I became a State Alchemist under the name of Dragon Alchemist. I also changed not just in appearance but other things too.

I locked my heart out from everybody. I had turned down so many men. Why did I do this? Because I was afraid to fall in love again.

I brushed my hair and began to sing a little

I had a purpose then

Pursuing the path to catalyze our dream

But it's a winding road

Where you stumble and sway your way amongst the crowd

Don't get me wrong I'd never go back in time

Or play God

But is there a way I could earn back that endless sky?

I can see it in your eyes don't give me that look

'Cause you see you're the last person I need to pity me

Crying won't pave a way to forgiveness

Every sin you carve is everlasting

I'm lost in a maze of emotion

Who am I waiting for now?

These once blank pages of my notebook

Become a plea to regain fallen Virtue

All this time I've been trying to run away from

My own-

I went to continue the song I was interrupted by a loud thud outside my balcony door. I quickly threw on a black crop-top and deep blue, ripped jeans.

I peek out the door to see violet eyes meet my emerald ones.