Homeward Bound

It took an hour for Monica to locate Richard and River. Richard assumed the major part of the problem had been Camille and Jerome bickering back and forth about who's fault the whole thing had been. Jerome had finally stormed off with a drachma to let Chiron know they would be heading back to camp.

     Monica had let for the restroom in the small gas station they had left the RV near, leaving River, Camille and Richard alone while the other two members of the team scattered about the area. It was pretty standard for Richard to rent the vehicle for the long drives across country, and since it was rented under his name, he was the one driving it most of the time. Jerome would take over every so often, but they had a running competition to see who would last longer on less sleep. The son of Hephaestus was more than willing to help Richard remain functional, especially since it was the easiest thing in the world to loose to him.

     Richard's feet were currently rested on the dash board, the AC on full blast, and his window cracked open.

     "If you have the air on, shut the window," Camille said, sitting in the seat next to him. "You're wasting gas right now."

     "Like it really matters," Richard remarked, "it's not like we're going to run out of money at any point in the near future."

     "Just because your dad has money to spare doesn't mean we should be blowing it as fast as we possibly can. You're in charge of three different kinds of money right now. The exchange rate between the magic and muggle world is weird."

      "You get more money here out of a galleon than you do back in Britain. Besides, if Ireland wins the World Cup next week it'll more than make up for whatever i spend."

     "I guess..."

     "Are we talking about Quidditch?" River poked her head into the front, getting a groan from Richard.

     "Do you know how to mind your own business?"

     River laughed, a sound almost like a cackle, and Camille snorted. River's laugh was contagious, or at the very least it made others laugh at the sound. "No. I just kind of listen to all the conversations."

     "Isn't that the truth?" Richard grumbled under is breath, leaning back again.

     "Well, speaking of eaves dropping," Camille started, alerting the other two that a complete change of subject was emanate, "have you two gotten your letters yet?"

     "Yep. Can't believe I'm still stuck with you as prefect."

     "Expecting to make head boy, were you?"

     "Hoping. Dearly and truly."

     "Look at it this way. You could've been stuck with me as Head Girl. Not to mention Percy Weasley is finally gone, so we don't have to listen to his prattle. Whoever made Head Girl and Boy has to be slightly more tolerable than him."

     "You're right. At least that horror is over."

     Camille rolled her eyes and punched him in the shoulder, getting a glare in reply.

     "Is this how all Slytherins show affection?" River questioned with an innocent smile.

     "Yeah, keep talking and you'll see how we retaliate too!"

     "What is Hades' name is a 'Slytherin'?"

     The three of them jumped and went silent as Monica entered the RV, looking beyond confused.

     "Inside joke," River said quickly, getting a nod from the other two.

     "What kind of an inside joke is that?" Monica arched and eyebrow.