Part Seven

Thank you all for the notes before, I appreciate any and all feedback INCLUDING constructive criticism.  I'd also love any ideas for another fanfic story.....  I want something to keep me busy besides this one to help with writers block and keep my brain busy ;)

Without further ado, here's the next chapter!!!  (Part six was the AN)

I sat up in bed, exhaustion filling every muscle as I dragged myself to a standing position and zombie walked to the kitchen, filling a mug with hot water and zapping it in the microwave to make a cup of instant coffee. It wasn't great, but it did in a pinch. I tried not to rely on the stuff, it was expensive to keep up with, but I kept a few packs around for days such as this. I'd probably drink more at the diner, but this would get me there at least. The night before was coming back to me, bit by bit, and by the time I'd downed the mug I was shaking. I'd spoken to them, more than I'd spoken aloud to anyone in a very long time. They were real, they were like me. It was proof I wasn't crazy. So many thoughts tumbled through my head and I didn't know what to think, what to say, what to do with myself. I was going to see them today, meet with them, discuss this with them. Maybe there was a cure? A way to stay out of the dreamscape without hiding in the blackness? The Between, I think Owen called it? Owen.... Him and his perfect fucking face with that fucking suit.... I shook the thought from my brain even as the other boys paraded passed my imagination, their muscles, their scents, their confidence and their calm grounding me.... I found that I was looking forward to this afternoon. Looking forward to what they had to say. What was wrong with me? It had barely been a week, and already I was getting attached? Attachments were weakness, they got you killed. But they came back.... Axel. Brandon. Corey. Marc. Raven. They were here. They'd found me. Didn't that say something for them? They wanted to help me, not like the other groups that wanted to bring me somewhere and lock me in a glass tower, these boys had my back and seemed willing to earn my trust. That alone had me getting on my bike, tying back my hair and putting on my helmet, ready to greet this day head on. I reminded myself, worst case scenario I can disappear. Even if they had my last name, I don't exist, I don't matter, and I can be gone like yesterdays mayflies should the need arise. It brought me comfort, knowing I can be gone so quickly, and it calmed my panic at them getting closer to me. I'd be all right. This would work out, it had to. Raven was there, and Raven would never let anything happen to me that I couldn't handle. He'd hold my hand, guard my back, push me farther than I thought I could go, but he'd never throw me in the deep end.

I pulled into the lot, making my way inside and swapping places with Nathan at the counter, exchanging a grunt of greeting and letting him grab his waiters apron before taking my spot at the register.

It was nearing noon when I saw Raven coming in and settling at a booth, holding hands with Corey. Looks like I was right about not quite being brothers.

"Take you lunch, go sit with them. Mr. Blackbourne wasn't able to come today, so Sean convinced him to send Raven in his stead." Luke hip bumped me out of the way, shooing me on my way. I wondered when he'd come in, but shook it from my head-a smile spreading across my face as Raven met my eyes. He nudged Corey to stand and came to me, wrapping his arms around me and burying his face in my neck. His scent was musky, tinged with gunpowder, just as I remembered it, and I found myself inhaling deeply as he greeted me in Russian.

"Little Spitfire, how are you today? You didn't get anymore sleep last night, did you?" He eyed the bags under my eyes, and I shook my head and shrugged. Such is life. "Come, sit with me and Corey. We'll eat fruit and talk about the Dreamscape, Corey can fill you in on technical things I don't know."