Chapter Thirteen: What Happened Last Friday Night Can Happen Again Tonight

C H A P T E R  T H I R T E E N

What Happened Last Friday Night Can Happen Again Tonight

Dressed in jeans and an orange tank top, I secretly brought the only bookk I own even though Cheska has strictly told me not to bring anything "boring" and by "boring" she meant books and that I must dress my "sexiest" and the "sexiest" clothe I own is that top.  Yesh, yesh, I know it's the lamest thing in the "sexy" zone.

     Cheska drove the girls and I to a prestigious-looking club.  You know the kind of place where there's a long line of rich people in minuscule clothing that, of course, fit them perfectly.

     "Come on!" Cheska pulled me to the front of the line.

     People gave us envious glares as Cheska flashed a pink VIP card and the large black bouncer let us in.

     "Oh my gosh, Cheska!" Kate shouted over the thumping music.  "I want to dance just like our old times together!"

     "Let's go!" Jessica said as she led everyone to the dance floor.

     Thank God none of them noticed that I didn't follow them at the most crowded part of the club.

     I found an empty table by the side and occupied myself with Chapter Ten of The Notebook.  Then, all of a sudden, a drunken guy plopped on the seat beside me that caused me to jump a mile.  From the way he looks, I can tell that he is empty inside like someone has pulled out his heart and ripped it apart.

     "Do you love me?" his slurred speech was accompanied by the smell of alcohol in his breath.

     His question caused me to put my book down to my lap.  "Excuse me?"

     He smiled, broke into a laugh then, returned his gaze to me.  "I'd rather be with you than that bitch who broke my heart."

     I hesitated, thinking that I might be prying with his personal life but then, he started to open up, so why close him down?

     "Who?" I asked.

     "Who else?" he scoffed. "None other than Kizzie of course."

     "Oh."  I pushed the rim of my glasses up to the bridge of my nose.  I decided to close my book, knowing that he's going to say more.

     "She's..." he shook his head, looking down.  "She's the worst bitch I've even met." He shook his head again.  From the dim light, I could make out that his jaw was set and anger became evident on his face, the sarcasm has long gone faded.  "I wish I never met her.  I thought what we're having was true and that I didn't need to find anyone else and that I thought I had found the perfect girl for me but," he shook his head again.  "No.  I was wrong.  She hooks up with every guy in the campus.  I don't even know what I had done wrong to deserve this."

     When he finished, I remembered Danny.  "You're not the only one."

     He met my eyes.  "What do you mean?"

     I shrugged. "Every guy must've thought the same."

     He smirked.  "Yeah, right."  He looked down again and shook his head.  "Thomas High was never the same again after she arrived."  There was a long pause that almost made me think that he had fallen asleep because of the alcohol then, I changed my mind when he spoke again.  "What happened last friday night was amazing."  I could see the corner of his mouth curled up in a smile.

     "What happened last friday night?" I asked out of curiosity.

     "We were able to be alone in a cubicle and let our guards down." his smile opened to a grin.  But immediately, it turned grim.  "But she still loves her ex-boyfriend so she went out and pretended nothing happened.  Then, this guy named Danny came in and she just went after him and flirted.  I learned from my friends that he's her ex-boyfriend.  I pushed Danny and his gang came and my friends backed me up as well but they won the battle.  And tonight I tried to take another chance on Kizzie and here he goes again."  He looked towards the bar at the other end of the room, past the crowded dance floor.  "I felt weak so I let my friends take care of that business for me."

     "What--"

     But before I could finish, there was a crash that stopped the music and the loud chatters in the room and turned it into screams.

     I saw Cheska and the girls run towards me with alert faces.  "We have to leave, NOW."

     And with that, I stood up and ran with them outside.